Hi! Hey, y’all! So, thanks to Netflix, we hit a major goal this weekend. As you may recall, during spring break we were on a mission to binge watch a show called Switched at Birth. We didn’t have that opportunity at the time for a couple of reasons: time restriction and the fact the last season wasn’t released on Netflix until this Thursday! It was so annoying seeing as I couldn’t watch them as they were new and weren’t on Netflix yet, but we did it! The last season was a little shorter but that didn’t make it any less enjoyable. To be quite honest, it was my personal favorite season. I can’t tell the seasons apart when I haven’t watched them all at once (I have to know the scene you just finished in a book; the chapter number does not work.) so I don’t know which is my favorite. Numbers are beautiful for referencing thing for my personality. #)
It was fun to watch them grow and change and the sisters get closer and learn to defend each other and themselves. Honestly, amazing relationship dynamics all around. Everyone grew up and got some great adventures on the way with drama to spare. I think my favorite part, though, was to watch the girls’ relationships with their moms (new and known) blossom into friendships as well as a mother-daughter relationship. It really is nice, especially as they aged and grew into adults (young ones) themselves. It was very emotional. The characters in this show were very lucky to have two sets of parents, but especially two moms, although I do have to say ACG and I pretty lucky to have our moms as moms, even if we only each get the one. I think we’ve finally convinced them to sign off on an unofficial dual childship, but even without that, AJA is right. Our moms are spectacular. With Mother’s Day being tomorrow, that has really been brought to the forefront of our lives right now.
So to any mothers reading this: HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! And to any children, tell your moms or the mothering figures in your lives that you love them tomorrow, and until next week, drive safely!
We love our moms, and you better love yours, too! Keep your hugs in the car and your flowers in the pool. ❤ 😀 😉 O.o 🙂
It’s SPRING! And…the weather here almost believes that for once. No kidding. Hey, y’all! Not only is it spring, but it’s spring break!!! Well, it’s my spring break. Unfortunately, ACG’s spring break was the week before last and I was not home for it. Shhhhhhhhh, details. However, I am home this week
However, I am home this week and we have a list of things we’d like to do when our schedules (mainly ACG’s ;)) allow.
- Make waffles for breakfast (or lunch) at least one time because our waffles are a blast to make and delicious to eat.
- Yoga…and tennis. Mainly because I’ve recently taken to being active and those are the easiest ways to con ACG into joining me ;).
- Looking at the stars because even if it isn’t school time, AJA is a nerd and takes astronomy this semester. She’s determined to make me physically active and learn about Aristotle. (I’d like to point out that Aristotle is from my philosophy class…and some logic in astronomy… but that’s not the point. ;P)
- Get some practical things done, some plans made for the future, including me finally getting my license…maybe…finally… O.O
- More binge watching. Season 3 of 5 is underway, and this week could be key to finishing. (Thank you, Netflix.)
With ACG still having classes this week, that’s a whole lot to get done, but I can’t wait to try and accomplish it all. It’s just school, challenge accepted. 😉 This weekend has already been a great kickstart.
Keep your dogs in the clouds and your signs on the floor. ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely in all your spring (break) plans! 😉 ❤
Good evening! Hey, y’all!
Life is full of lessons…and not all of them are that vital to your well being or happen during big moments. Sometimes they happen on a lazy weekend like we’ve had…in the celebration of ACG’s spring break, of course ;). The only thing that would make spring break better is if the colleges lined them up, but that’s another rant. Maybe that can be next week’s post, lol. But for now… We’d like to share with you some of things we’ve learned as of late.
- Never doubt the power of a hug. Or good coffee, but ACG drinks more than me, so I’ll stick with the hugs.
- Online classes are messed up; sometimes you find out someone who has not responded to any of your group project work is still in your group after weeks but hasn’t responded because of extenuating circumstances.
- Not making your bed won’t result in your death…most likely. So, don’t waste your time. 😉 It’s precious and the universe doesn’t know if your comforter is spread smooth.
- Binge watching really is fun. Finishing season one of your new favorite TV show is totally worth leaving you with four hours of sleep.
- The best plans are the last minutes ones. ❤ Or, at least, that was how this weekend seemed.
Yeah, it was last minute, totally unprepared, and completely a blast. Adventures are great, but so are lazy day weekends. Much better than going to a cold wet baseball game.
Drive safely. ❤
Paint your homework with ostrich eyelashes, and write your canvas in pixels. 🙂 😛 😉 😀 ❤ 🙂 😀 ;P