Hello! Hey, y’all!!! We’re a week into July, which means summer is at its…most intense. Meaning you’re most likely to drown to death walking to your car (especially if you live in the South). That being said, there are also some very happy and fun things in the summer (she means “heat doom time”). Some of these things can even help you stay hydrated and keep your taste buds satisfied throughout this time of heatstroke.
One of our personal favorites of this type is watermelon! It’s sticky and sweet and a ton of fun to eat. It’s also very juicy and fresh tasting. It makes you feel less dead even when you’ve already passed out from heating exhaustion seven times in your soul.
Watermelon is great as the fruit itself, but there are also other ways to enjoy this wonderful gift to mankind. We recently found watermelon tea, and I re-found one of my favorite juices in history. Also, there’s a recipe for watermelon/fruit pizza that is amazing, especially if you trade the whipped cream out for cream cheese frosting (I think it’d be just fine with whipped cream, but you have to understand ACG is a weirdo who demands things be organized as well as rejects whipped cream, so there’s no helping her).
Recently we’ve definitely been seeking out all things watermelon, although we haven’t tried the “Watermelon Dress” thing we’ve seen on the internet. No, although when I first saw that, I was really wondering how they made dresses out of watermelon. Then I opened the article. Maybe we can try it out next post. 😉 @)
Keep your seeds in the ground and your rinds in your shoes. 🙂 ;P 😀 😉 ❤ O.o
Also, watermelon is juicy, so if you’re gonna eat and drive, please do so safely. 😉 ❤
Hi! Hey, y’all! Tonight has been inspired by supper. By pure coincidence, we both had pizza for supper, so we thought we might share with you a little bit about our preferred pizza experience. It’s the universal meal: sleepovers, rewards for clubs and teams, and family meals. Basically everybody loves some kind of pizza, and why not give it the place of honor that it’s due.
Of course, there are some Not So Great pizzas out there, so we thought tonight we’d share with you our qualifiers for a good pizza experience.
- The sauce must be good, and there must be enough of it.(Sauce texture has to be appropriate. Nothing too chunky. Truuuuue.)
- The crust can’t be too thick or too thin. If the flavor gets absorbed by bread, you’re doing it wrong. If you’re eating off a cracker, you’re making a questionable decision. (Handmade is my personal favorite, and I also like when the bottom is toasted and crunchy while the top under the sauce is still a little squishy.)
- Closely related, the crust should be able to support the entire structure of the pizza. I don’t want to bring this to friends and eat it in a living room having to use a plate, really, much less a fork. (I think napkins aren’t cool, but I like pizza that would do just as well served on a napkin as a plate.) Napkin opinions differ, but that aside, same. If you want to eat pizza with a fork, be my guest, but it should not be necessary!
- The flavor of the cheese on a pizza has to be rather specific. It cannot be too salty, but it has to be at least a little salty. And, please, for the love of every pizza, do not burn your cheese!!! It should be melted (YES) and thickly layered (ALSO YES), but do not burn it. The way to know it’s done right? Does it stretch? If yes, you’re good. If no, you’re just wrong. 😉
- Do not try too hard (as with all things). Pizza is not supposed to be gourmet or frou frou. If I want something that has potential to be in a five star restaurant, I’m probably not going after pizza. Please make something casual and fun. Pizza, after all, is an American food. We all know that Americans really and truly are not known for having the most divine food choices. Please don’t soil that reputation.
Pizza preferences can vary vastly from person to person, but we both stand by these qualities. Although, I guess we won’t shame you for your pizza choices. I know people that have to have them without cheese or like them without sauce, and I can still be in the same room as them. Before we go, though, we wanted to share our favorite part of pizza: the toppings.
I like chicken (and sometimes mushrooms) on my pizza, if given the option. My favorite pizza flavor is Hawaiian, fruit over vegetables any day. ;P Ham and pineapple are musts, but tonight my Hawaiian also had chicken on it O.O (this sounds so good!), so that was interesting.
Keep your pizza on the counter and your heart in the sauce!!! 🙂 ❤ ;P 😀 😉 :O O.o
Drive safely, not distractedly by pizza, even though it is great. ❤
Hello! Hey, y’all!
So, if you didn’t know, we like to bake. Our baking is sort of a tradition. Today, AJA discovered a thing we want to bake soon. They were brownie and cinnamon pot stickers. WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING!!! Ahem. They look very yummy, and this is all thanks to Tastemade on Snapchat. I am mega hype, if you can’t tell. They look delicious, and we will hopefully be trying to do that very soon.
Well, maybe not very very soon. The home stretch of this semester is coming up, and most baking gets done in the summer. However, once they do get made, we’re pretty sure they are going to taste AMAZING! We can certainly hope, and maybe if they’re aesthetic enough we can even share them on this blog ;).
So, keep your pots in the trunk and your keys in the fridge! ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
And as always drive safely. ❤
Hey y’all! We’re all seniority and stuff. It’s been crazy and fun, but we’ve had some unlucky breaks a couple of the nights. On two different days we’ve tracked over 11 miles walking. (Today was basically 13). Either way we love you all and hope you keep your salt in the cupcakes and chilies in the milk.
😀 🙂 😉 😛 ;P ❤
Drive safely and go on many hopefully less long than ours adventures!
Welcome to it is 11:00PM and I have NO clue what is going on presented by The Annazzzzzzz! Hi! We’ve spent our night previous to this talking about experiments with gummy worms and what would happen to the earth if everyone lost weight (okay, we just sort of witnessed the last one, but still) (the answer is: nothing. well, it might affect like some minute detail of our lives but not the earth staying in orbit or anything).
In addition to witnessing a group of girls live up to a stereotype, we witnessed a group of boys trying to entertain themselves on a hayride, which resulted in off key singing (well, on my part) of the Jonas Brothers. It was a lot of fun. We sang one of the only JB songs I know, and no one fell off. I call that a fun and successful time.
Overall, fall is a great time of year, though it does leave us very busy! Yeah, especially fall of our SENIOR YEAR…(I had to point that out.) *CRIES* Ahem… Now that she’s sang “You’re Gonna Miss This” (am I getting that right? Yes…Trace Adkins) and said THAT, it’s time for me to go.
I’m currently listening to “Drive” by Halsey, so I think it’s time to say, “drive safely!” (I love your punny timing …aw, thanks…) XO
Keep your legs, hands, and all objects inside the vehicle at all times. 🙂 😀 😉 😛 ;P :O :X