Hi! Hey, y’all! Tonight has been inspired by supper. By pure coincidence, we both had pizza for supper, so we thought we might share with you a little bit about our preferred pizza experience. It’s the universal meal: sleepovers, rewards for clubs and teams, and family meals. Basically everybody loves some kind of pizza, and why not give it the place of honor that it’s due.
Of course, there are some Not So Great pizzas out there, so we thought tonight we’d share with you our qualifiers for a good pizza experience.
- The sauce must be good, and there must be enough of it.(Sauce texture has to be appropriate. Nothing too chunky. Truuuuue.)
- The crust can’t be too thick or too thin. If the flavor gets absorbed by bread, you’re doing it wrong. If you’re eating off a cracker, you’re making a questionable decision. (Handmade is my personal favorite, and I also like when the bottom is toasted and crunchy while the top under the sauce is still a little squishy.)
- Closely related, the crust should be able to support the entire structure of the pizza. I don’t want to bring this to friends and eat it in a living room having to use a plate, really, much less a fork. (I think napkins aren’t cool, but I like pizza that would do just as well served on a napkin as a plate.) Napkin opinions differ, but that aside, same. If you want to eat pizza with a fork, be my guest, but it should not be necessary!
- The flavor of the cheese on a pizza has to be rather specific. It cannot be too salty, but it has to be at least a little salty. And, please, for the love of every pizza, do not burn your cheese!!! It should be melted (YES) and thickly layered (ALSO YES), but do not burn it. The way to know it’s done right? Does it stretch? If yes, you’re good. If no, you’re just wrong. 😉
- Do not try too hard (as with all things). Pizza is not supposed to be gourmet or frou frou. If I want something that has potential to be in a five star restaurant, I’m probably not going after pizza. Please make something casual and fun. Pizza, after all, is an American food. We all know that Americans really and truly are not known for having the most divine food choices. Please don’t soil that reputation.
Pizza preferences can vary vastly from person to person, but we both stand by these qualities. Although, I guess we won’t shame you for your pizza choices. I know people that have to have them without cheese or like them without sauce, and I can still be in the same room as them. Before we go, though, we wanted to share our favorite part of pizza: the toppings.
I like chicken (and sometimes mushrooms) on my pizza, if given the option. My favorite pizza flavor is Hawaiian, fruit over vegetables any day. ;P Ham and pineapple are musts, but tonight my Hawaiian also had chicken on it O.O (this sounds so good!), so that was interesting.
Keep your pizza on the counter and your heart in the sauce!!! 🙂 ❤ ;P 😀 😉 :O O.o
Drive safely, not distractedly by pizza, even though it is great. ❤