Today was great! We got to spend some time catching up with our friend K, who was in town because one of our old high school friends had a BABY on Thursday! It’s crazy, but she’s adorable and our friend is doing well, too.
All of this to say, AJA and I spent a few minutes (*hours) talking tonight, so we didn’t quite get around to posting.
Until next time keep your plants dry and your vacations cloudy! ❤ ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o
It’s been a while, but we ARE coming back! Just…not this week.
Until then, keep your toilets clean and your hair on end! ❤ ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o
Hey, y’all! It’s just ACG here again tonight. Last weekend’s brand of busy continued straight through the weekend and into this Friday!
Right after we finished with that, we both had family obligations to take care of. AJA celebrated the fathers in her life tonight, and I spent time getting ready to do the same.
Until next time, keep your toes calm and your heart wild! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hey, y’all! It’s ACG here, because AJA and I have had a crazy busy weekend and we’ve still got stuff to take care of before we’re back at it tomorrow morning.
It’s been an amazing weekend full of a lot of learning, but it’s been hectic, so we’re going to take care of our stuff and try to get some rest.
Until next week, keep your shoes on your hands and your toes in every pie! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hey y’all! It’s just ACG tonight. I’m out of town and was dumb enough to leave my computer at home @) (I thought it was a good idea at the time but then realized I might miss out on certain wonderful things that my computer could do.)
Anyway, I’ll be back by next week, so we’ll talk to y’all then! ❤ 😉 😀 🙂 ;P O.o
It’s ACG again, but this time AJA isn’t here for a very very good reason…
… she’s HOWLING AT THE MOON!!! (Read as: she’s in the process of recovering from last week’s cold and is catching up on some sleep.)
Some more good news for this week is that our friend K is back in town for a little bit, and we haven’t seen her since spring break. All of this is to say that we are STOKED to have her back!!!
Alright, see y’all next week! Keep your pencils fast and your pet rocks furious! ❤ 😉 😀 😉 ;P O.o
Hey, y’all! It’s just me tonight. AJA isn’t feeling too great and is also doing me a favor (because I’m a great friend that asks her friends to do things for them while feeling bad).
This week has been kind of crazy in a really good way. It’s entirely too hot to be April, and the end of semester work is getting turned in, my finals are wrapping up (AJA is in a week or so), and we’re getting ready for summer! 😀
Keep your feet in the clouds and your heads on the ground. ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hello, humans of earth! Hey, y’all!
Tonight we’re here to say, that it’s been two weeks since we said we had some fItNeSs GoAlS and since we have actually made progress towards those goals! Whoo! Like MAJOR progress. 🙂 The progress has been major…ly painful. (I’m kidding; it’s also been really great. We’ve been going every day that we could, and we’ve really been working to push ourselves and get better.) I may not enjoy working out as a hobby exactly, but I am enjoying the fact that I am improving already. I’m really proud of ACG for doing something she doesn’t exactly want to do and that does “kinda” hurt at first. O.O I mean, hey, I’m kinda proud of ME for doing something I DO want/enjoy/seek out doing even though it kinda hurts at first. Thank you ❤ I’m proud of both of us too, honestly, because it still takes effort and hard work no matter if you enjoy it or want to or not.
We thought tonight we’d share a few things we are doing and the things we like or dislike but hope to gain out of doing. 🙂 Which means, as per usual, it’s time for a list. #)
- We have started doing the stairclimber in the past couple of days. I find this by far the most interesting machine in the gym (besides the stretching cage that looks like it belongs in a torture chamber), but I think we’ve quickly learned that it’s one of the most intense ones, too.
- DEATH BIKES!! Okay, that’s way more intense sounding than it is. It’s actually a completely normal immobilized bike. But since it’s not a true spinning bike, you can’t stand and pedal… which means LUCKY YOU… you get to sit. on the most painful bike seat. in the world, leaning forwards for balance. Honestly, sitting on the thing is a work out of endurance. 😉 Seriously, I enjoy it. It’s fun and not something I’ve made time for a lot in previous work out endeavors.
- Swimming has not been a part of our regular work out routine. It still isn’t super regular, but it is something we do from time to time that I really do enjoy. It works every part of you without you even necessarily realizing it at the time. We also use water weights while we’re in there, and that’s a fun way to build up some resistance as we keep using them.
- Ellipticizing, which we may have mentioned before. Using an elliptical is my absolute favorite way to work out. I feel like I don’t even need to explain–good music, little stress on joints, and just moving your body. Idk. Maybe I’m weird.
- More P.E. style exercises, which we do in a multi-purpose area that we affectionately call the “little room.” By P.E. style I mean pushups, planks, situps, lunges, jumping jacks, and squats, the kinds of exercise that don’t require special equipment.
Overall, everything we’ve done is great for our bodies but challenging for us, but getting better means putting in the work. I know I personally am watching what I eat and practicing balance really well, which is something I’ve always struggled with. It feels really good to take charge of your health. It’s very confidence boosting and exciting. I am thrilled continue on this path. It does feel really good to decide to take the time to make a change and put a set of things into your life that will help you in the long run, even when they seem something close to torture in the now. I can’t wait to see what happens.
Keep your shoes laced tight and your socks clean! ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o ❤
Stay healthy–er, drive safely! ❤
Hey y’all! It’s just ACG tonight, because we’re both a little tired and ready to get some sleep tonight.
This week has been really great, even though it’s had some bumps along the way (featuring kittens and some changed plans among other things). Hopefully we’ll have a chance to share some epic story soon, but for now we wanted to let y’all know we’re still living our best lives, or trying to anyway ;).
Keep your chargers held high and your heels plugged in! ;P 🙂 O.o 😀 😉 ❤
Hello! 🙂 Hey, y’all!
Today, we got back to doing something that we started a long time ago and missed more of than we ever meant to, for reasons both within and beyond our control. Today we had our chance to get back to the gym, though, and I’m excited to make it a routine again. Yes, it’s very exciting! Life can have a lot of challenges with keeping routines and often if your routine gets thrown off for a real reason then it’s easy to let good habits fall by the wayside. It is, and I’m sure we’ll face that again. We’ll deal with it as it comes though and do what we can to keep our good habits.
Tonight, we wanted to share some of the goals we have for getting back in the groove of this exercise thing. 🙂 Hopefully, writing out goals will make us more likely to reach them. So, without further ado, in our usual fashion of sharing our goals: A List. 🙂
- This one is kind of small, but I want to be able to do at least a couple of pull ups. I think this one is very reachable, though, so that’s nice.
- I want to feel how I felt October 2017, which was really, truly healthy (despite some weird medication reactions). I felt more coordinated than I had felt at any other point in my life when I was being active. I miss feeling “graceful.”
- I want to be able to get through a Zumba class without feeling like someone stole my lungs or having to modify most of the moves. I’ve been able to kind of do this before, but I’ve never been at the point I truly would like to be.
- Working out provides me with a lot of confidence. So I’m looking forward to that confidence boost. Zumba is basically an uplifting as a dance party with strangers; individual cardio provides a wonderful headspace/escape; and (eventual) strength training will definitely provide a sense of confidence about what I can do.
- I want to be able to keep up with the people around me, or at least know that I’m doing what I can to be able to do what I need to do. Sometimes I know that I wouldn’t be able to do something fast enough or well enough to feel like it’s worth trying it. I want to change that entirely.
Overall, we have a LOT of goals that are very personal to us individually. Having a healthy relationship with exercise is super important and will help us to have a more balanced life. I know we both have things we are looking forward to changing and improvements we are looking forward to seeing in ourselves in physical (strength, health) ways as well as mental (confidence, peace) ways.
Absolutely so, and I’m excited to be able to go for these goals with someone that I know has similar goals to my own. It will also give us time to be doing something together that we will both be able to relax (mentally maybe anyway) and just enjoy the time of being together and working towards our goals.
Keep your exercise sharp and your mind purposeful! ❤ 😉 😛 🙂 😀 O.o
Drive safely. ❤