Hey y’all! So, we’re losing our touch, but it’s just ACG here.
We are realizing that every week is finals week when you’re a Junior in college (or in Nursing school of any class). The schoolwork on top of life stressors is meaning that we are either exhausted or trying to do something else when we would normally be making a post.
That being said, hopefully we will get it managed and be back soon. We just wanted to let y’all know that we didn’t fall off the face of the earth forever.
Keep your nose in your book and your eyes on the prize! ❤ 😉 😀 🙂 ;P O.o
P.S. Speaking of nursing school, AJA and C have another test tomorrow, and I know we’re all hoping that they do well on it and know they can do this!
Hey, people. Hey, y’all! So, we’re both here this week but not for too long because this was a very long week crammed into what felt like a very short time, so it has been really hectic and exhausting.Literally, I have not stopped moving since last Friday night, and ACG and C have been moving right alongside me. Life is a hectic, hectic thing at times, even though it can have wonderful moments. For example, getting to cook lunch together twice this week, which we hadn’t gotten to do in a while. It doesn’t make the hectic seem less crazy, but it is a nice chance to do something pretty simple that we enjoy in the middle of it all. Right, so here’s to hoping for a calmer next week for us and for you all. Or maybe, at least, the right kind of exciting, rather than the hectic kind.
Drive safely. ❤
Keep your foot on the gas and your trampoline on the roof. ;P 🙂 ❤ 😀 😉 O.o
Hey, y’all, it’s just ACG tonight. AJA sends her best, but we just couldn’t both be here tonight. AJA is dealing with some really sick family right now, so our thoughts are with her and her family as they get through this.
But hopefully we will both be here next week. Keep your antenna up and your horns down! 😉 😀 🙂 ;P ❤
Hey, y’all! Before we do anything else, we need to apologize for completely vanishing last week. There was gonna be an apology post, but um even that plan failed for Reasons. We’ll explain why in just a little bit.
Tonight, we wanted to kinda update y’all on what we’ve been up to. We don’t seem to have gotten any less busy than we were in summer, but it’s a completely different type of busy. It’s for real the craziest thing ever and we are all constantly exhausted either mentally, emotionally, physically, or all of the above. Literally…our entire friend group.
- As we talked about in the past few weeks, school started. This means that AJA has started nursing school, which is crazy and kind of intense, and the classes I’m taking are either core to my major or minor this semester (minus a really cool science class). As C put it earlier sometime in the last two weeks, it’s obvious we’re all at “junior level” basically, which means all work (that feels like play sometimes) but still ALL WORK.
- I, AJA, also had a birthday, which isn’t a HUGE deal (suuuure), except that I am now not only pretending to be an adult but am legally an adult in all ways. That being said, I shall now pretend to still be a child. She is definitely not a child, but I don’t think there’s a way to stop her from pretending to not be 😉
- Tonight marked a very important day in America, particularly the southeast where we live. It was college football’s opening day, and there was yelling at my house. A lot of yelling, great friends, and some pretty good food. It was A Time that I better get used to or C might breakup with me. @) Seriously, it was fun and I might have even been a little excited about it, even if I only understood what was going on like 25% of the time.
So, now that we’ve condensed this to a very short list….well, it feels like it might not be so much, but believe us when we say school this semester (and probably the following ones) is gonna kick our butts (I mean, it’s only taking up like 90% of our waking hours), so if we miss a post: assume we are either not dead but studying or died while studying, although we promise to try not to miss another one for a long while. That was completely accidental, but if we do, we more than likely didn’t die and more than likely are…studying or ACG is writing a paper. That’s true. I do have to write a lot of papers.
Anyway, good luck with school to those of you in school. Keep your noses in your books and your shoes in the air. 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o ❤
Drive safely, guys, preferably not while studying, but I feel you if you try to. ❤ 🙂
Hey, y’all! It’s just ACG here tonight. AJA has had a really rough day, so while I hate that she doesn’t feel like being here tonight, I’m about to take advantage of this situation. #) As we mentioned a couple of weeks ago, AJA is starting nursing school on Monday, along with C.
The day has finally come. You’ve changed your plan a couple of times now, and while you think it has set you back, I think it’s helped you grow more than you ever would have “on track.” Even now, I know you are nervous and stressed about the upcoming challenges, but I know you can slay it. I know you will.
You’re smart, strong, and very capable of doing this. The classes will be a challenge; the teachers will cram a lot into your heads; you will probably want to scream, cry, and pull your own hair out a few times. Don’t worry. There are plenty who have been there before, remember the feeling, and have survived. You will, too.
Even when it’s hard, you aren’t alone. You’ve got friends to listen, distract, or just go get you a cup of tea because you just don’t feel like standing up. We love you, and we’re here for you. Let us help how we can (because we can’t learn your stuff, but we can help so that you can 😉 ).
This was a short letter, but I hope it was encouraging at least in some way. You’re going to slay this come Monday, and I can’t wait to see it!
P.S. Most everything I said applies to C, too, so when he sees this, know that I think he can do it, too. 🙂
Keep your heads held high and your feet on the ground. ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o #)
Hey, y’all! Hi! So, earlier today we were with a group of women, and part of what we did was an ice breaker where we shared “A few of our favorite things” with the group. One thing we realized was that we didn’t know each other (or ourselves in some cases) as well as we should have.
Since we didn’t know these things about each other, we wanted to share them with y’all as a fun fact type thing.
- Favorite color
- Yellow, the best color in the world. Except, it’s so un-emo…
- Red of all shades, but particularly bright fiery reds.
- Favorite salty snack
- Anything w/ Cheese
- Barbecue chips
- Favorite music group
- Twenty-One Pilots
- The original recording cast of Hamilton, the Broadway musical. I know they aren’t a musical group in the traditional sense, but come on…Hamilton.
- Favorite sweet snack
- Cookie dough, just the dough…sugar cookie particularly
- Favorite scent
- C, no fudging on the blog… I’ll be real. He’s the best.
- Metal (I’m weird. Most said vanilla or coffee. That just wasn’t me.)
- Favorite place to eat out
- Lawler’s, which is a semi-local barbecue restaurant that has the best potatoes.
- Favorite place to vacation
- The East Coast (like Charleston, SC or Rhode Island)
- Mountains (To be fair, I should have said Rhode Island, because that’s my real favorite, but I didn’t think about it in time. Besides, AJA had included it in her answer, so I thought she had it covered ;).)
This was a cool ice breaker type thing, and I look forward to being more involved with these women. It also was just really cool to actually think about all these things about ourselves. (Also, shout out to C: he literally got all but two right immediately and they were both food related and he knows I like home cooked stuff best, so). If only I had a boyfriend to make guess… 😥 (No, just kidding, I’m not shocked at all that C got them right, and it’s great that he did.)
Drive safely, y’all, and contemplate the important things in life while doing so, like, you know, your favorite salty snack. ❤
Keep your secrets close and your snacks closer. ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o ❤
Hey, y’all! ‘Sup, guys?
So, it’s August now, and for students everywhere that brings one word to mind: school. For high school and below that’s a little sooner than we will start since we’re in college now, but the day is still approaching.
While we don’t necessarily have grade levels (at least as clearly defined as first, second, third, etc.) we still do have classes and semester breaks we go by. AJA, though, is starting even a different level of classes in the coming couple of weeks. Yeah, in two weeks C and I start nursing school. I have no idea what it’s going to be like, and to be honest I am terrified. But hey, I moved away from home soo…maybe nursing school won’t be too bad after all. They’re both going to be great, and we’ll all be supporting them through it. After it’s done, they’ll get to do what they love (cleaning up spilled guts and C will be watching women give birth if he has his way @)) help people and put to use all kinds of their medical knowledge to do so.
My classes aren’t anywhere near as intense or interesting as the nursing duo, but I’m still excited to get into the classes and maybe learn some stuff. An art class, some writing classes, and my second (and last) science class are in the mix. So, really this blog is just a way to practice her skills. 😉 JK. You’re gonna be great. Awww, thank you. ❤ I love being able to practice here. You practice on the blog, can I practice on you? BP only, of course. Of course ;P I think I already told you that you can, but sure, bring it on. It’s only fair after all. What about C? Do you volunteer as HIS victim? Ehhh, I don’t know that I trust him as much as you… But sure, I’m up for an adventure, I guess.
I start next Wednesday, and AJA gets to keep being nervous over this until the Monday after (maybe I’ll just take my random babblings to C ;P). It’s going to be crazy and hectic, but a ton of fun.
Keep your stethoscopes on your knees and your cupcakes on your wings. ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safe, guys. ❤
Hey, y’all! Hi, friend(s)! 🙂
So, since it’s summer, we’ve been with our friends a lot (as you might have gathered) and, when it’s the right combination of us (only my boyfriend C, ACG’s brother, myself, and ACG… the other two whom we love dearly are wimps 😉 ), we have found a new passion. That interest is “scary movies”–thrillers more so than horror, but anything “scary” will do.
It’s mainly about the thrill, the excitement, the…desire to scream like small children at 1AM probably bothering ACG’s parents. They shut the door and have learned to block it out, so we’re fine, and I’m grateful to them for letting us spend so much time here. There’s just nothing quite like finding one that will catch your attention (this is a HUGE reason I like them because movies and I do not get along very well with my attention span) and keep your heart racing. The psycho thrillers leave you guessing at what’s coming next, and the more streamlined horror is constantly shifting and startling everyone watching (though some react more violently than others).
The horror/thriller genre has been a wonderful gift to discover this summer. Before this year, I never would’ve considered watching a horror movie, but they are so much fun. I have basically always watched “scary movies,” but they are a blast, and I’m loving exploring the genre past just what I already knew about.
Drive safely, unless you’re being chased by a variety of demons or mean people, in which case you should drive recklessly because you’re probably gonna die anyway. #) ❤
Keep your blanket over your eyes and your adrenaline levels up! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hey, y’all! Guess what? We’re both back this week! Life finally calmed down a little and we were able to both be on at the same time. We’re also sacrificing sleep out of dedication to each other and this blog, so 😉
Just because we’re back doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy, though. This past week was full of time with our friends. So, we wanted to share some of our favorite memories/moments of the week.
- We convinced C’s (AJA’s boyfriend) little sister to watch a horror movie with us one night this week, and after it was over we got into a throw pillow war. Well, actually my brother and C’s little sister beat each other to death with a pillow, and the rest of us occasionally tossed it at each other.
- Recently our friend group has taken to playing basketball together. In fact, this is what we did on Monday after I’d spent the day with C playing with his little cousins. We also cooked supper and hung out.
- Tuesday wasn’t as glamorous as the other days this week. We met up at McDonald’s to take advantage of the new kiosk ordering feature (best invention ever, by the way) then we watched a movie at my house that was a lot worse than anyone remembered. Even though it was a more low key day, it was still fun and full of laughs.
- Wednesday was an interesting day. We didn’t really see the friend group until we were together for church. But after that, we went to our resident coffee place and played Apples to Apples, which as always is amazing. 🙂
- Thursday, I got to pick AJA up from her summer class (which is almost over, thankfully for her sake) and we changed our plans to end up hanging out in her bedroom and reading the first story we wrote together out loud, making commentary the whole way. The entire day was old school throwback, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- On Friday, ACG was my ABSOLUTE HERO. She actually has been all weekend, including tonight. She helped me make a five minute Walmart trip for my mom, then we went and ate with our friend K. We also had a whole friend group get together following our usual Friday Bible study. We made pasta and zucchini pizzas and played games.
- We didn’t really see each other until this afternoon due to me needing to be with my family to celebrate my brother’s birthday, but once we were, we headed out to the river and played volleyball and hung out on the dock. After we finished playing and eating, we had a singing with the others from our church. All of this led to an epic ice war that AJA and C started (and all of the kids our age somehow managed to become collateral damage in @)).
This week has been wonderful. I’m grateful for every moment, and I look forward to what is to come this next week. Absolutely! Summer is dwindling, but the friendships we’re strengthening will remain forever. I’m using every moment of these times to help carry me through the hectic chaos that will be semester starting.
Keep your ice in hand and your pizzas on zucchinis! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o @) #)
Drive safely, my dudes! ❤
First, I want to say thank you to AJA for the note on Thursday. I am so incredibly grateful to have her in my life as well. It’s truly a blessing to have a friend you can rely on and trust to be there through everything by your side.
That being said, we’ve been running in two different directions again since we were with computers tonight, so it’s just me here. We wanted to let you know what was up (and I really wanted to say thank you to my squish).
Keep your heads held high and your fingers on the keyboard! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o