HELLO! WE HAVE A SUPERNATURAL DEBATE FOR YOU TONIGHT! #) Hey, y’all! AJA blew my mind tonight, which is the reason we have a debate at all.
We were trying to figure out what to talk to y’all about tonight, and I mentioned unicorns and mermaids. To be more specific, I said “we can talk about why mermaids are better than unicorns,” thinking it was a given. There are no givens with the supernatural. 😉
I was wrong. AJA told me that she didn’t like mermaids more than unicorns.
And that is why we are going to give you two lists tonight. We’re each going to give our reasons that we’re right.
- They live in the ocean. Honestly, that’s one of the best things about them; they get to swim around all day and find all of the cool underground caves, not to mention all of the amazing ocean life they get to see. They could go for miles and days without seeing the same thing twice.
- They’re beautiful. I’m not talking about the fact they swim around naked or have amazing forms. They are covered in shimmering scales that both protect them and catch the light in dazzling ways and a rainbow of colors.
- They’re free. They carry themselves with an air of freedom and confidence that allows them to be passionately curious and go anywhere they want to go. Between the inspiration of the ocean and their ability to swim so well, they can do anything–swim anywhere in the ocean that connects the entire world together.
- This alone…might make me sound more introverted than ACG, which is hilarious. But, let’s think about.. Unicorns are technically animals, now animals can be loyal as friends and you can even have a relationship of equals in a lot of situations. But at the end of the day, if you’re exhausted of people…unicorns are not people or people-like.
- They are just as beautiful as mermaids. Maybe even more beautiful. Now, I know it’s hard to compete with the “form” aspect of mermaids cause mermaids can be considered attractive. But thinking about beauty as a concept and not limited to human standards–unicorns have beautiful, flowing manes, their hooves are usually gold or silver, their hair is usually pure white or some other exotic and fascinating color, and of course they have dazzling, sharp horns with intricate shape.
- Speaking of their horns, it’s basically a built in weapon. Unicorns are prepared warriors. A loyal, beautiful warrior… Think about that.
So, there are our lists… I guess, you have to make your own call. I stand with unicorns, but I can understand why ACG would appreciate mermaids so much. They are magnificent creatures. But unicorns are truly awesome. 😉 I know we’re both glad that both exist (at least in our hearts). Absolutely! Just because I think mermaids are the best doesn’t mean that I have anything against unicorns. We need them all to make the world go round.
Keep your horns held high and your tails in high gear. ;P 🙂 😀 😉 😛 O.o ❤
Drive magically (safely)! ❤ (Or, if you’re in Alabama–swim safely…)