Hey, y’all! Hello, beans, asaparagi, and other delicious creatures. #)
Tonight’s post is indeed about everyone’s favorite: SQUISHES! Now, we are aware some people do not enjoy human contact and that’s fine. BUT most people DO enjoy what hugs in general represent which is affection, care, comfort, etc.
Well, now… we’ve thought about it and fishes? They LACK SQUISHES! O.o It’s not THEIR fault that they’re water-bound and scaley. So, how shall we remedy that problem? SquishesForFishes, an organization dedicated to the emotional support of all fishes. We thought of this because fishes rhymes with squishes, and being the wordsmith nerds that we are, we made the connection and realized that all of these poor fish are at such a disadvantage. This may even be affecting their lives in ways such as the lack of comfort giving them less motivation to escape more predatory fish, or maybe the more predatory fish more motivation to torment their prey. (We are not endorsing hugging predatory fish without professional supervision and assistance.)
What the organization will do is facilitate a safe meeting place for fishes and people to come together and bond. Starting small, we will probably only have the means to provide a single option (probably just being with a fish one-on-one, feeding, and possibly getting to give it a hand hug inside its tank or area, not giving it a full blown hug just yet), but with future development and successes, we would like to possibly have more options (like swimming with the fishes to get a chance to hug and bond with more of them at once and to feel closer to the fish, in their own habitat). Of course in order to use the habitat you are instructed on the proper way to squish a fish and communicate about what you and the fish are comfortable with prior to being introduced into the bubble of meeting. This requires two courses: Glub Glub and Friends with Fins. These are ran in a group discussion style with a translator ratio of 1:3 per fish and human pairs.
SquishesForFish will be coming to an aquarium near you in 2020 😉 if all goes well. So please make sure to NOT visit SquishesForFishes.org for more information and as always drive safely. ❤
Always keep your fins in a bow and your fingers out of the gill!!! 🙂 ❤ ;P O.o 🙂 😀 😉
Hello! I am here, AJA in text, to remind you all that I have, in fact, NOT died. ACG is sitting beside me and for once in the past month we can be on together and with me not feeling dead in one way or another. So this is a VERY exciting night (like getting to carry two things across the entirety of Walmart without falling level exciting). Hey, y’all! It’s great to have AJA back, and now we get to have the conversations I know everyone has missed so much. To kick that off tonight how about a list post of a FEW things that have been going on lately? 😉
But first, we have a lot of people we’re about to talk about as a part of our lives. Before we talk about what we’ve been up to, let’s identify some people:
-Previously, we have referred to our “other friend.” We said this because she is our best friend and we didn’t really talk about anyone else. But now that is changing, so we wanted to let you know that we will be calling her “K.”
-Second, we have AJA’s boyfriend. He’s only kind of recently (few months now– excuse, it’s basically 6 months as of next Thursday @)) popped up. We shall call him “C.” (And he shall be my C, and ‘I will love him and squeeze him and hold him forever’ to quote Dory.)
- Game nights galore! With the addition of people to our friend group, we have been able to play more card based games like Nertz (my favorite), poker, LIFE, and Monopoly (in Deal or Board forms).
- Lots of late coffee runs and the continuing of games being played but also while donuts are being ingested.
- I know I mentioned birthdays last week, and I didn’t even have all of the information then. My birthday happened, then 2 days later C (more to come about him later) had his birthday. Then K had her birthday, and after that there was a shared birthday between yet another friend and then AJA’s grandfather had his birthday, too! That’s 5 birthdays within a week and 2 days of each other.
- Cooking. Lots and lots of experiments and makeshift meals. We’re college students and a couple of teenagers in our friend group. We are hungry and either plan out elaborate courses of meals or have to scramble at the last minute and be grateful for unnoticed chicken from earlier in the week. (The more elaborate meals are usually C’s idea. For instance, a brunch meal of amazing cheesy hash browns and fried eggs and ACG’s FAMOUS waffles 😉 )
- Normally movies aren’t our thing. We’d rather be hanging out or not tied to a single seat for the entire length of one. However, we have seen a few movies in the past few weeks, both in theatre and at home. Over Spring Break, we practically watched the entire Harry Potter series. We went to see A Quiet Place in theater, which was an AMAZING movie. There were a few others thrown in there, but basically we spent a lot of our time watching movies and just relaxing together.
- Also, on top of all the unproductive fun we’ve tried to fit in some physical activity too, and that’s been…challenging at times and really fun at others. I have a bit of a leg up on ACG because my boyfriend will randomly want to go play disc golf while she’s still in class, and I end up with a crazy step average and dying muscles. But there have been times when both ACG and I have gotten to be physical lately, especially this last week and I think in the summer it’ll be even better.:)
- Speaking of this boyfriend that keeps stealing AJA away, a couple weeks ago K and I got to give C our tokens. To explain, a few years back, I designed this token system for the three of us to follow. Each of us got our token and we had one for each of the other two. When we approved of the guy, the token got given to show that. K and I had been putting it off for a while because this was the first token-giving and, well, we weren’t sure how to do it. But C is really great, and we’re glad that AJA has him, so we finally figured out a way to do it and make it official. (Read as: we wrote a letter and tossed it at him before we started playing Monopoly one day, but it was a sweet moment.)
- While we are so, so tremendously grateful for all the fun that’s been keeping us from posting we’ve also had more than a few incidences of exhaustion/unwellness keeping us–well, more specifically me–tied up. The past month has been amazing but it’s been the roughest for me healthwise since the fall. With that being said, hopefully I am on an upward trend, will be able to take advantage of the summer to get lots of rest and try altering my lifestyle a bit to aid my health, and we can start posting regularly again. 🙂 ❤
This has been one hectic, wonderful, crazy, intense, amazing month. In every moment, I think we’ve both felt loved or learned something. So, that’s…what we’ve been up to. I has definitely been an intense, action filled month. I can’t improve on what she’s said so I’m just going to agree.
Keep your friends close and your llamas in the mason jar! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely, friends! ❤
Hello, friends! Hey, y’all!!!
So, being teenagers (say that while you can @)), we spend some time on the internet… some of this time is spent on things like schoolwork and YouTube, but we’re here to talk about things we used it for as children. And apparently have begun using it for again as basically adults.
But perhaps if you are of our generation, you’ll remember a little website called Webkinz, created by the Ganz company and offering children everywhere the chance to care for a plush pet ONLINE! It was life, and it was the best feeling in the world to get to adopt a new pet Webkinz. My favorite thing about it though was the Kinzville Academy, where there were all sorts of educational games and activities to build skills. I liked the Employment Office, mainly the babysitting.
Last weekend when we decided to play on this old, old site at 2AM, we didn’t realize all the memories we would bring back out, but alas… it’s been an interesting week. Definitely interesting, but a lot of fun.
All of this to say: maybe there’s a childhood game or toy you should revisit. Just remember to drive safely down Memory Lane. ❤
Keep your pets well fed and your password safe! 🙂 ;P ❤ 😀 😉 O.o
Hey, y’all! It’s just me tonight. AJA is busy tonight, so she can’t join us. Not to mention, we’ve been kind of busy having lives and all sorts of adventures to go on.
So until next time, when we’re both here to tell you about them, enjoy your Thin Mint iced coffees from Dunkin’ Donuts and always remember your flippers! ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😀
(p.s. AJA would tell you to drive safely here, but I’m not her so it’s in italics! 😉 )
Hello, friends! Hey, y’all!
I’d like to just comment that life is weird, and it’s easy to lose track of time. Like, did y’all realize that the middle of February happens the middle of this coming week?! Ummmm, no, I didn’t at least. All of that to say, because of shopping for the “holiday” in the middle of this week, ACG and I lost TWO hours of our lives in a supermarket.
We did, but to be entirely fair it didn’t feel like 2 hours to me. It felt longer to me being in the madness that is Walmart. O.o It was weird and true to how fast all time seems to be passing recently, but it was fun and didn’t really seem like two hours personally. How crazy is that, that time can just vanish and suddenly you’re missing two hours, then almost a month and a half. As for the rest of this year, no, it seems ridiculous how quickly it is already going. I fear I’m going to wake up and tomorrow will be finals for this semester and then it will be on to a new chapter. If that happens, I just hope I know the rest of the material. I’m not ready for finals; it’s only one-third through the semester now. It is ridiculous, though, I agree.
I think the takeaway from tonight is: enjoy your time. It’s fleeting. It’s going. Make the most of it. Laugh until you cry with your best friends; cuddle with those you love; sing–off key, on key, when your voice breaks in the middle of a line; and do not take for granted a singular second. Or…maybe the takeaway is: Walmart’s a time warp. *shrug* I like the first one, personally. 😉
Keep your head high and your friends close to your heart. ❤ 😀 😉 O.o 🙂 😛
Drive safely, guys! ❤
Hey, y’all! HI! 😀 We’re finally both back here, free and able to post this week, and believe me it’s nice. SO VERY NICE! WE HAVE MISSED YOU! (and this time together… ;))
While it’s nice to be back, the reasons we’ve been so busy have also been pretty nice. That’s true. We’ve technically been together in person almost every time we’ve been unable to post as of late. We’ve just also been with more than each other a lot of it. Exactly, there has been a lot of that other close friend we mention on occasion (the middle letter of our acronym (don’t ask, it’s an inside joke from the 8th grade)), along with a couple of other new friend additions as well (just a few… ACG’s sibling, a set of siblings (one of which I’m dating he’s pretty cool, I guess ;)…I think he’ll be around for a while he’ll be around forever even if we break up @) he’s already been around forever @) …but me too #) <3), and a few rotating individuals who are super cool).
It’s been fun (and strange truuuuuuueee) to have so many more people added to what used to just mainly be a duo, but it’s a routine we’re settling into and really enjoying while we do it. It’s great. It makes for a lot of late nights, laughing and feeling invincible. Oh, and a lot of adventures. We’re both so grateful for these people and couldn’t have better reasons to be spacey on here these days. ❤ Don’t think we’re going anywhere for too long though. We’ll be back soon.
Keep your adventures responsible and your dreams big. O.o ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀
Drive safely…and, please, no more than 6 people to a truck. 😉 ❤
Hey, y’all! AJA and I are going in two different directions tonight (both great and fun this time as opposed to some recently). That means it’s just me here telling y’all to keep your toes in the clouds and your heads in music! ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😀
Hey, y’all! HellO! So, with the new year comes the new semester for college students like us. WITH ALL NEW AND EXCITING CLASSES! Exactly! And while schedules can be annoying, the classes are definitely pretty exciting (for both of us, no matter how so very different they are this semester).
This is the semester where our majors are really taking a forefront, providing us with deep knowledge of our most beloved interests. For me, that’s sciency stuff like anatomy and microbiology. For ACG, all things lit and writing. 😀 True that, though I do think I should get a science credit from having a best friend who has definitely talked at me more than 64 hours about biology. ;P
Either way, we’re both super excited to get started in on our major classes this time, and I think I can safely say we’re both really looking forward to hearing about each other’s and everything that is coming with this semester. I know I am at least. 😀 Always. I think 2018 is off to a magnificent start! 🙂
So, y’all better drive safely. 😉 ❤
Keep your shoes in the safe and your books in the refrigerator! 😀 😉 😛 O.O ❤ 🙂
Hello, friends! We hope you all have had a wonderful 2017, despite some…interesting circumstances throughout the world. Hey, y’all! Definitely! 2017 was messed up in some ways, but in others it was really, really great, too.
As this year comes to an end and another steps in to take its place, people from all around have various ways to celebrate the new year. I know that we have a few traditions of our own that we like to keep (and add to as time goes on). Now that ACG has been poetic about the whole ordeal. 😉 ❤ It’s time for yet another a list post to top off this wonderful year! Which is to say, here are OUR favorite New Year’s traditions and a little about them.
- Sparkling grape juice: It tastes good. AJA’s parents had it at their house for us one year a long time ago, and we liked it. It’s a seasonal thing, so this is one of the rare times we get to have it. Yay for feeling fancy and staying sober! 😉 ❤
- Most years, we also have a singing party. Playing games like Rockband or Sing It! I don’t think that will be the case this year due to the game consoles not being easily accessible, but there will still definitely be games played…board games, that is. 😉 ❤ We can’t forget card games! And I think this will be a hilariously fun substitute. 😀
- I think most every year we have had confetti guns. The fact we get to shoot things in the house is overshadowed by the epic confetti wars that tend to take place after we’re out of ammo. 😉 Another thing that’ll be slightly different, but there will still be so much confetti…for ACG to lovingly direct into the most uncomfortable of places, despite my efforts to dress accordingly. @) I have mad skills… that you were usually accidental. liar.
- To summarize: we always have a New Year’s Eve party, where when it’s possible ACG and our other close friend spend the night. This year, while breaking all the other traditions, we get to add a new member to the party, although he will NOT be spending the night for a few obvious reasons. We do get to add a new member, and while it will be strange, I am excited to have this be one of the added traditions I mentioned earlier. This year is going to be epic!!! 😀 ❤
Drive safely into the new year! ❤
Keep your glasses in the air and your confetti in hand! ❤ 😉 O.O 😛 😀 😉
Hey, y’all! HELLO! So, as you know (or may not, no judging) this past Thursday was Thanksgiving for Americans everywhere. 😉 YAY TOO MUCH FOOD AND WEIRDNESS!
As a result of that (both being Americans and having had this day to celebrate) we wanted to share ten things we’re thankful for. Soooo onward, we go…
- NEW EXPERIENCES (like a strange bean’s family)
- Family and friends (that eat your experimental thanksgiving pizza happily)
- STUFFING/DRESSING/SEASONED BREAD PRODUCT SOAKED IN FAT
- Time off school and work to contemplate the deeper things of life
- MORE NEW EXPERIENCES (like disc golf and bird watching)
- Realizing that some experiences are meant to be shared and some are best individually
- Naps #) because they make everyone’s mood better when done right
- Sister queens (platonic soulmates) to have ridiculous conversations, video chat seven minutes apart, and go on some crazy (donut) adventures with.
Keep your turkey in the ball pit and your seasoned bread in the churn! ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely! ❤