Hey, y’all! Hi! So, earlier today we were with a group of women, and part of what we did was an ice breaker where we shared “A few of our favorite things” with the group. One thing we realized was that we didn’t know each other (or ourselves in some cases) as well as we should have.
Since we didn’t know these things about each other, we wanted to share them with y’all as a fun fact type thing.
- Favorite color
- Yellow, the best color in the world. Except, it’s so un-emo…
- Red of all shades, but particularly bright fiery reds.
- Favorite salty snack
- Anything w/ Cheese
- Barbecue chips
- Favorite music group
- Twenty-One Pilots
- The original recording cast of Hamilton, the Broadway musical. I know they aren’t a musical group in the traditional sense, but come on…Hamilton.
- Favorite sweet snack
- Cookie dough, just the dough…sugar cookie particularly
- Favorite scent
- C, no fudging on the blog… I’ll be real. He’s the best.
- Metal (I’m weird. Most said vanilla or coffee. That just wasn’t me.)
- Favorite place to eat out
- Lawler’s, which is a semi-local barbecue restaurant that has the best potatoes.
- Favorite place to vacation
- The East Coast (like Charleston, SC or Rhode Island)
- Mountains (To be fair, I should have said Rhode Island, because that’s my real favorite, but I didn’t think about it in time. Besides, AJA had included it in her answer, so I thought she had it covered ;).)
This was a cool ice breaker type thing, and I look forward to being more involved with these women. It also was just really cool to actually think about all these things about ourselves. (Also, shout out to C: he literally got all but two right immediately and they were both food related and he knows I like home cooked stuff best, so). If only I had a boyfriend to make guess… 😥 (No, just kidding, I’m not shocked at all that C got them right, and it’s great that he did.)
Drive safely, y’all, and contemplate the important things in life while doing so, like, you know, your favorite salty snack. ❤
Keep your secrets close and your snacks closer. ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o ❤
Hey, y’all! ‘Sup, guys?
So, it’s August now, and for students everywhere that brings one word to mind: school. For high school and below that’s a little sooner than we will start since we’re in college now, but the day is still approaching.
While we don’t necessarily have grade levels (at least as clearly defined as first, second, third, etc.) we still do have classes and semester breaks we go by. AJA, though, is starting even a different level of classes in the coming couple of weeks. Yeah, in two weeks C and I start nursing school. I have no idea what it’s going to be like, and to be honest I am terrified. But hey, I moved away from home soo…maybe nursing school won’t be too bad after all. They’re both going to be great, and we’ll all be supporting them through it. After it’s done, they’ll get to do what they love (cleaning up spilled guts and C will be watching women give birth if he has his way @)) help people and put to use all kinds of their medical knowledge to do so.
My classes aren’t anywhere near as intense or interesting as the nursing duo, but I’m still excited to get into the classes and maybe learn some stuff. An art class, some writing classes, and my second (and last) science class are in the mix. So, really this blog is just a way to practice her skills. 😉 JK. You’re gonna be great. Awww, thank you. ❤ I love being able to practice here. You practice on the blog, can I practice on you? BP only, of course. Of course ;P I think I already told you that you can, but sure, bring it on. It’s only fair after all. What about C? Do you volunteer as HIS victim? Ehhh, I don’t know that I trust him as much as you… But sure, I’m up for an adventure, I guess.
I start next Wednesday, and AJA gets to keep being nervous over this until the Monday after (maybe I’ll just take my random babblings to C ;P). It’s going to be crazy and hectic, but a ton of fun.
Keep your stethoscopes on your knees and your cupcakes on your wings. ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safe, guys. ❤
Hey, y’all! Guess what? We’re both back this week! Life finally calmed down a little and we were able to both be on at the same time. We’re also sacrificing sleep out of dedication to each other and this blog, so 😉
Just because we’re back doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy, though. This past week was full of time with our friends. So, we wanted to share some of our favorite memories/moments of the week.
- We convinced C’s (AJA’s boyfriend) little sister to watch a horror movie with us one night this week, and after it was over we got into a throw pillow war. Well, actually my brother and C’s little sister beat each other to death with a pillow, and the rest of us occasionally tossed it at each other.
- Recently our friend group has taken to playing basketball together. In fact, this is what we did on Monday after I’d spent the day with C playing with his little cousins. We also cooked supper and hung out.
- Tuesday wasn’t as glamorous as the other days this week. We met up at McDonald’s to take advantage of the new kiosk ordering feature (best invention ever, by the way) then we watched a movie at my house that was a lot worse than anyone remembered. Even though it was a more low key day, it was still fun and full of laughs.
- Wednesday was an interesting day. We didn’t really see the friend group until we were together for church. But after that, we went to our resident coffee place and played Apples to Apples, which as always is amazing. 🙂
- Thursday, I got to pick AJA up from her summer class (which is almost over, thankfully for her sake) and we changed our plans to end up hanging out in her bedroom and reading the first story we wrote together out loud, making commentary the whole way. The entire day was old school throwback, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- On Friday, ACG was my ABSOLUTE HERO. She actually has been all weekend, including tonight. She helped me make a five minute Walmart trip for my mom, then we went and ate with our friend K. We also had a whole friend group get together following our usual Friday Bible study. We made pasta and zucchini pizzas and played games.
- We didn’t really see each other until this afternoon due to me needing to be with my family to celebrate my brother’s birthday, but once we were, we headed out to the river and played volleyball and hung out on the dock. After we finished playing and eating, we had a singing with the others from our church. All of this led to an epic ice war that AJA and C started (and all of the kids our age somehow managed to become collateral damage in @)).
This week has been wonderful. I’m grateful for every moment, and I look forward to what is to come this next week. Absolutely! Summer is dwindling, but the friendships we’re strengthening will remain forever. I’m using every moment of these times to help carry me through the hectic chaos that will be semester starting.
Keep your ice in hand and your pizzas on zucchinis! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o @) #)
Drive safely, my dudes! ❤
First, I want to say thank you to AJA for the note on Thursday. I am so incredibly grateful to have her in my life as well. It’s truly a blessing to have a friend you can rely on and trust to be there through everything by your side.
That being said, we’ve been running in two different directions again since we were with computers tonight, so it’s just me here. We wanted to let you know what was up (and I really wanted to say thank you to my squish).
Keep your heads held high and your fingers on the keyboard! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hello, friends, Romans, and countrymen, strolling by! 🙂 Hey, y’all!!!
Tonight is the last night of June, which is the sixth month of the year, which means we have somehow survived half of 2018, although I’m not really sure how anyone has survived any year since 2016. True point. AHEM. Point being. In 6 months, you can learn a LOT, grow a lot, change a lot, and so we thought we might share with you all a few things we’ve learned so far this year.
- I learned this before this year, technically, but moreso in the past six months, I have learned that things like exercising and being active do not have to be as awful as I originally thought they were always going to be (meaning that we have started doing things like playing disc golf, finding ways to make the “normal” exercises more fun, and generally getting a system for making it a positive thing).
- Balance is key. You cannot constantly deplete yourself and expect to be able to encourage and care for others. I know this is a basic idea, but for a very long time I would think I could support my friends and family while tearing myself apart, which in turn tore them apart and also didn’t allow me to be there for them in full capacity.
- Put yourself out there. Do things you aren’t comfortable with. Obviously, don’t do dumb or dangerous things, but do things that might not be what you want to do. Listen when your friends encourage you to be more social (go talk to the guy mmmmhmmm you might even get his IG @)). Let someone know that you care about them. Ask them if they’re okay, even when that seems like a bad question and the answer is going to be no.
- You have to remember that your actions and words affect other people and that you need to choose actions and words that are at least not harmful if not beneficial to others. I still struggle with this, but I’m learning.
- Branching out isn’t going to kill anyone. It’s really going to be okay when someone you love finds someone else they want to be around. They’re not going to go away or love you less. Things will change, but they will settle down. A friend group is a group for a reason. If you have one, take advantage of it and cultivate all of the relationships. Don’t focus on what feels like it’s shrinking or fading away, but realize it’s room for growth on all parts.
- Apples To Apples is pretty sick. B) You get to know people better than you expected to.Seriously, though. Find people you can be yourself around, that make you laugh, and that are your family because at the end of the day the people you choose and who choose you back? Those are your forever people.
So, to summarize the first 6 months of 2018: we’ve had some rather personal growth and I think we’re both very grateful. Absolutely grateful, both for the experiences and to those around us making us better than the day before. I look forward to seeing where we are in the next 6 months. ❤
Drive safely and remember you’ve made it six more months and that’s something to be excited about.
Keep your calendar in last month and your goals with the stars. ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😉 😀
Hey, y’all! Good evening, friends! Which…is intriguing…to call you friends, seeing as yesterday was National Best Friends’ Day. We were lucky that we got to see all of our friend group at various points throughout the day, but I’m also extremely grateful that AJA and I got to hang out together some on this day, too. It was a fantastic day, and having ACG in my life is such a blessing and so is having the rest of our “super group.”
It’s a blessing for everyone to have AJA in their lives. I’m so glad that we get to have this blog together, but also to get to use it to tell everyone how great of a friend you are. 😉 One of my favorite things about AJA, y’all, is her passion. When she decides she loves something (or someone) or wants to do something, hold on or get out of the way. She gives everything she has to do what she’s dedicated to. Lucky for all of us that’s usually in a good direction. ;P ❤
Aww, thanks, friend. I have to tell you that my favorite thing about ACG is her boldness. She’s honest and creative and who she is. Sure, like all people she has insecure moments but most of the time she is confident in her thoughts and ideas and will tell you like it is. And that’s such an admirable and helpful quality.
Friendship is such a gift, and I would not be the person I am without ACG or our other friends. We are so blessed. So, make sure you acknowledge this and tell the people in your life they matter to you.
It most certainly is. I can’t imagine my life without her or them. So on that note, keep your friends close and your best friends closer! ❤ 😉 😀 🙂 😛 O.o
And always drive safely as though your bestie was in the car! 😉 ❤
Hey, y’all! We’re back! Hello, ladies and…nah, this post is just for the ladies tonight. 😉 That’s true. We just came from a girls’ night, so back off, boys. It was a blast, and while we there we couldn’t help but notice a few reasons that “Girls’ Nights” are so, so needed. So, let’s go G.N.O. and list a few of those. 😉 ❤
- Books–whether talking about ones you’ve read, wandering book stores, or trading between each other
- Shopping, which even though we aren’t the girliest girls, is still pretty fun and typical for a girls’ night. Also, because we aren’t the girliest girls, any time we are alone with other girls and can get their opinions casual browsing might turn into a fashion overhaul.
- Tea–Who doesn’t love tea in any form? Enough said.
- Trying “new” food. Or, at least, food that 75% of the group hadn’t had before, like Panera Bread. Oh. Everyone in America has tried that? Whoops… Not me and ACG’s and my two other friends.
- Freedom–I’ve heard jokes before about girls travelling in packs, and it’s true. There’s something fun and freeing about grabbing your favorite girls and just going out. No pressure, no one to impress, and the only limits to your antics are your own dynamics and imagination.
Drive safely with the T. Swizzle turned ALL the way up. ❤
Keep your girls close and your hands in the air! ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😀 😉
Hey, y’all! Hello, beans, asaparagi, and other delicious creatures. #)
Tonight’s post is indeed about everyone’s favorite: SQUISHES! Now, we are aware some people do not enjoy human contact and that’s fine. BUT most people DO enjoy what hugs in general represent which is affection, care, comfort, etc.
Well, now… we’ve thought about it and fishes? They LACK SQUISHES! O.o It’s not THEIR fault that they’re water-bound and scaley. So, how shall we remedy that problem? SquishesForFishes, an organization dedicated to the emotional support of all fishes. We thought of this because fishes rhymes with squishes, and being the wordsmith nerds that we are, we made the connection and realized that all of these poor fish are at such a disadvantage. This may even be affecting their lives in ways such as the lack of comfort giving them less motivation to escape more predatory fish, or maybe the more predatory fish more motivation to torment their prey. (We are not endorsing hugging predatory fish without professional supervision and assistance.)
What the organization will do is facilitate a safe meeting place for fishes and people to come together and bond. Starting small, we will probably only have the means to provide a single option (probably just being with a fish one-on-one, feeding, and possibly getting to give it a hand hug inside its tank or area, not giving it a full blown hug just yet), but with future development and successes, we would like to possibly have more options (like swimming with the fishes to get a chance to hug and bond with more of them at once and to feel closer to the fish, in their own habitat). Of course in order to use the habitat you are instructed on the proper way to squish a fish and communicate about what you and the fish are comfortable with prior to being introduced into the bubble of meeting. This requires two courses: Glub Glub and Friends with Fins. These are ran in a group discussion style with a translator ratio of 1:3 per fish and human pairs.
SquishesForFish will be coming to an aquarium near you in 2020 😉 if all goes well. So please make sure to NOT visit SquishesForFishes.org for more information and as always drive safely. ❤
Always keep your fins in a bow and your fingers out of the gill!!! 🙂 ❤ ;P O.o 🙂 😀 😉
Hello! I am here, AJA in text, to remind you all that I have, in fact, NOT died. ACG is sitting beside me and for once in the past month we can be on together and with me not feeling dead in one way or another. So this is a VERY exciting night (like getting to carry two things across the entirety of Walmart without falling level exciting). Hey, y’all! It’s great to have AJA back, and now we get to have the conversations I know everyone has missed so much. To kick that off tonight how about a list post of a FEW things that have been going on lately? 😉
But first, we have a lot of people we’re about to talk about as a part of our lives. Before we talk about what we’ve been up to, let’s identify some people:
-Previously, we have referred to our “other friend.” We said this because she is our best friend and we didn’t really talk about anyone else. But now that is changing, so we wanted to let you know that we will be calling her “K.”
-Second, we have AJA’s boyfriend. He’s only kind of recently (few months now– excuse, it’s basically 6 months as of next Thursday @)) popped up. We shall call him “C.” (And he shall be my C, and ‘I will love him and squeeze him and hold him forever’ to quote Dory.)
- Game nights galore! With the addition of people to our friend group, we have been able to play more card based games like Nertz (my favorite), poker, LIFE, and Monopoly (in Deal or Board forms).
- Lots of late coffee runs and the continuing of games being played but also while donuts are being ingested.
- I know I mentioned birthdays last week, and I didn’t even have all of the information then. My birthday happened, then 2 days later C (more to come about him later) had his birthday. Then K had her birthday, and after that there was a shared birthday between yet another friend and then AJA’s grandfather had his birthday, too! That’s 5 birthdays within a week and 2 days of each other.
- Cooking. Lots and lots of experiments and makeshift meals. We’re college students and a couple of teenagers in our friend group. We are hungry and either plan out elaborate courses of meals or have to scramble at the last minute and be grateful for unnoticed chicken from earlier in the week. (The more elaborate meals are usually C’s idea. For instance, a brunch meal of amazing cheesy hash browns and fried eggs and ACG’s FAMOUS waffles 😉 )
- Normally movies aren’t our thing. We’d rather be hanging out or not tied to a single seat for the entire length of one. However, we have seen a few movies in the past few weeks, both in theatre and at home. Over Spring Break, we practically watched the entire Harry Potter series. We went to see A Quiet Place in theater, which was an AMAZING movie. There were a few others thrown in there, but basically we spent a lot of our time watching movies and just relaxing together.
- Also, on top of all the unproductive fun we’ve tried to fit in some physical activity too, and that’s been…challenging at times and really fun at others. I have a bit of a leg up on ACG because my boyfriend will randomly want to go play disc golf while she’s still in class, and I end up with a crazy step average and dying muscles. But there have been times when both ACG and I have gotten to be physical lately, especially this last week and I think in the summer it’ll be even better.:)
- Speaking of this boyfriend that keeps stealing AJA away, a couple weeks ago K and I got to give C our tokens. To explain, a few years back, I designed this token system for the three of us to follow. Each of us got our token and we had one for each of the other two. When we approved of the guy, the token got given to show that. K and I had been putting it off for a while because this was the first token-giving and, well, we weren’t sure how to do it. But C is really great, and we’re glad that AJA has him, so we finally figured out a way to do it and make it official. (Read as: we wrote a letter and tossed it at him before we started playing Monopoly one day, but it was a sweet moment.)
- While we are so, so tremendously grateful for all the fun that’s been keeping us from posting we’ve also had more than a few incidences of exhaustion/unwellness keeping us–well, more specifically me–tied up. The past month has been amazing but it’s been the roughest for me healthwise since the fall. With that being said, hopefully I am on an upward trend, will be able to take advantage of the summer to get lots of rest and try altering my lifestyle a bit to aid my health, and we can start posting regularly again. 🙂 ❤
This has been one hectic, wonderful, crazy, intense, amazing month. In every moment, I think we’ve both felt loved or learned something. So, that’s…what we’ve been up to. I has definitely been an intense, action filled month. I can’t improve on what she’s said so I’m just going to agree.
Keep your friends close and your llamas in the mason jar! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely, friends! ❤
Hello, friends! Hey, y’all!!!
So, being teenagers (say that while you can @)), we spend some time on the internet… some of this time is spent on things like schoolwork and YouTube, but we’re here to talk about things we used it for as children. And apparently have begun using it for again as basically adults.
But perhaps if you are of our generation, you’ll remember a little website called Webkinz, created by the Ganz company and offering children everywhere the chance to care for a plush pet ONLINE! It was life, and it was the best feeling in the world to get to adopt a new pet Webkinz. My favorite thing about it though was the Kinzville Academy, where there were all sorts of educational games and activities to build skills. I liked the Employment Office, mainly the babysitting.
Last weekend when we decided to play on this old, old site at 2AM, we didn’t realize all the memories we would bring back out, but alas… it’s been an interesting week. Definitely interesting, but a lot of fun.
All of this to say: maybe there’s a childhood game or toy you should revisit. Just remember to drive safely down Memory Lane. ❤
Keep your pets well fed and your password safe! 🙂 ;P ❤ 😀 😉 O.o