Hi, friends! #) Long time, short chats as of late! I miss you! We miss you! But, hi. Hey, y’all! We do miss y’all, and I’m glad we get to be here tonight together.
So, it’s been a bit since we were on together, but longer than that since we did it without focusing on school and what’s going on within it. And while school does affect our lives and makes them absolutely crazy, it’s not the only thing going on, and we shouldn’t forget that. Although school is the cherry on top of my own personal stress sundae! And believe me, the universe forgot to put the hot fudge on it and I don’t like cherries that much, but my stress sundae is basically just plain ice cream and a mess ton of cherries. Ahem. That’s… well, okay…not on topic. We tell y’all about everything, not just school. Like, our friends (who are wonderful absolutely, and it’s great when we get to see them all in one place) and our creativity (which has had to sit out a few rounds because of EVERYTHING ELSE which stinks, but that drought will end) but usually not the terrible things we don’t think are happy but there’s some of that in life too. There is terrible in life, and the universe did forget the hot fudge in quite a few cases. The good news is that while there is terrible, and that should not be hidden, ignored, or belittled in any way, there are moments with friends and those that love us to help make the bad moments better–or at least bearable. And while I’m not dealing with the thick of everything, it hurts me to see everything going on and not able to help more than I am. But we do what we can, and we keep going until we can figure out what else to do.
I don’t think it’s super necessary to get into the details and I don’t think it’s possible to get into nearly all of them, but someone I love a whole lot is very, very sick and every day seems to present a new challenge. Sometimes it seems like she’s herself but others I would not recognize her. This is one of the very disappointing facts of life–sometimes those we love hurt and sometimes they don’t make it and somehow that has to be okay even if it doesn’t feel okay at all, but that combined with the very nature of school has resulted in being far too exhausted to complete some very vital tasks let alone take time to write on our blog, especially since ACG and I do have a lot of personal contact right now gratefully so. I could not make it through this without her or C or the rest of our friend group. To speak for the rest friend group, we’re hurting with you, and we hate seeing you go through everything. There is nowhere else we would rather be. We don’t expect things to feel okay right now, and there is nothing wrong with admitting that they aren’t. ❤ We love you.
A few more things though, despite how bleak life can seem, there is always always always something to be grateful for, and often not even just the normal things we over look like food and safety, but also things like friendship and growth, so here’s a list of things we’re grateful for:
- We got to see K last weekend (yay!) and act like it was old times!!! She’s been away at school pursuing her dream career, but it doesn’t mean we don’t miss having her here involved in the plans every day.
- We are seeing a lot of each other and still hanging out at ACG’s house a lot, which means cooking yummy food and C and I benefit from talking to Anna’s mom who has been where we are now and also just being around her whole family is honestly a blessing.
- We get to do things like go on semi-spontaneous adventures (lol, this was pretty planned but it was still fun!) like trying a new coffee shop with a cool name and strange menu and wandering the mall trying to find a bathroom. (Thank you, C!)
- Halloween is coming up which means: costumes, candy, hot chocolate and/or coffee, sweaters (it’s finally cold enough where we’re at to wear appropriate seasonal clothes), face paint, oh and did I forget to mention pumpkins? Specifically, our annual pumpkin carving, the one we–I–get to introduce C to #) (oh yikes) that will celebrate our blog’s 4th birthday and is pretty close to the time that ACG and I really clicked 7 years ago (it was at our school’s ‘fall festival’ after swapping books for a couple weeks true points, this is a great time of year 😉 )!
- And speaking of growth, we have been driving ourselves around getting into who knows what for years now (I’ve been riding with people for years now, but that’s also a point to my own personal growth: I finally am not PETRIFIED to drive, even though I’m still not super practiced), but in the past couple months it has finally seemed to feel like it’s falling into place that we are learning how to be little adults that aren’t completely on our own yet but learning how to interact and turn to the support systems we’re creating for ourselves and follow plans we’re making and learning what works best or doesn’t work for us. We still need our parents and real-adults in our lives (as people always do no matter how old), but we’re trying to figure it out and may be getting somewhere. Obviously a lot to work on here, but having the capability to even begin being real humans by ourselves is pretty great.
Drive safely, guys! ❤
Keep your goals close and your friends closer! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o