Hello! I am here, AJA in text, to remind you all that I have, in fact, NOT died. ACG is sitting beside me and for once in the past month we can be on together and with me not feeling dead in one way or another. So this is a VERY exciting night (like getting to carry two things across the entirety of Walmart without falling level exciting). Hey, y’all! It’s great to have AJA back, and now we get to have the conversations I know everyone has missed so much. To kick that off tonight how about a list post of a FEW things that have been going on lately? 😉
But first, we have a lot of people we’re about to talk about as a part of our lives. Before we talk about what we’ve been up to, let’s identify some people:
-Previously, we have referred to our “other friend.” We said this because she is our best friend and we didn’t really talk about anyone else. But now that is changing, so we wanted to let you know that we will be calling her “K.”
-Second, we have AJA’s boyfriend. He’s only kind of recently (few months now– excuse, it’s basically 6 months as of next Thursday @)) popped up. We shall call him “C.” (And he shall be my C, and ‘I will love him and squeeze him and hold him forever’ to quote Dory.)
- Game nights galore! With the addition of people to our friend group, we have been able to play more card based games like Nertz (my favorite), poker, LIFE, and Monopoly (in Deal or Board forms).
- Lots of late coffee runs and the continuing of games being played but also while donuts are being ingested.
- I know I mentioned birthdays last week, and I didn’t even have all of the information then. My birthday happened, then 2 days later C (more to come about him later) had his birthday. Then K had her birthday, and after that there was a shared birthday between yet another friend and then AJA’s grandfather had his birthday, too! That’s 5 birthdays within a week and 2 days of each other.
- Cooking. Lots and lots of experiments and makeshift meals. We’re college students and a couple of teenagers in our friend group. We are hungry and either plan out elaborate courses of meals or have to scramble at the last minute and be grateful for unnoticed chicken from earlier in the week. (The more elaborate meals are usually C’s idea. For instance, a brunch meal of amazing cheesy hash browns and fried eggs and ACG’s FAMOUS waffles 😉 )
- Normally movies aren’t our thing. We’d rather be hanging out or not tied to a single seat for the entire length of one. However, we have seen a few movies in the past few weeks, both in theatre and at home. Over Spring Break, we practically watched the entire Harry Potter series. We went to see A Quiet Place in theater, which was an AMAZING movie. There were a few others thrown in there, but basically we spent a lot of our time watching movies and just relaxing together.
- Also, on top of all the unproductive fun we’ve tried to fit in some physical activity too, and that’s been…challenging at times and really fun at others. I have a bit of a leg up on ACG because my boyfriend will randomly want to go play disc golf while she’s still in class, and I end up with a crazy step average and dying muscles. But there have been times when both ACG and I have gotten to be physical lately, especially this last week and I think in the summer it’ll be even better.:)
- Speaking of this boyfriend that keeps stealing AJA away, a couple weeks ago K and I got to give C our tokens. To explain, a few years back, I designed this token system for the three of us to follow. Each of us got our token and we had one for each of the other two. When we approved of the guy, the token got given to show that. K and I had been putting it off for a while because this was the first token-giving and, well, we weren’t sure how to do it. But C is really great, and we’re glad that AJA has him, so we finally figured out a way to do it and make it official. (Read as: we wrote a letter and tossed it at him before we started playing Monopoly one day, but it was a sweet moment.)
- While we are so, so tremendously grateful for all the fun that’s been keeping us from posting we’ve also had more than a few incidences of exhaustion/unwellness keeping us–well, more specifically me–tied up. The past month has been amazing but it’s been the roughest for me healthwise since the fall. With that being said, hopefully I am on an upward trend, will be able to take advantage of the summer to get lots of rest and try altering my lifestyle a bit to aid my health, and we can start posting regularly again. 🙂 ❤
This has been one hectic, wonderful, crazy, intense, amazing month. In every moment, I think we’ve both felt loved or learned something. So, that’s…what we’ve been up to. I has definitely been an intense, action filled month. I can’t improve on what she’s said so I’m just going to agree.
Keep your friends close and your llamas in the mason jar! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely, friends! ❤