Good evening, all, and to all: a HAPPY SEMESTER BREAK! Hey, y’all! We’re back!!! Finals and such a crazy schedule are behind us. We hope you all survived to see this post as well.
However, what all this really means is it’s time for another ~break agenda~! 😀 This break is even more involved and including more friends and people than ever. I can’t wait.
- We’ve already started this one technically but it’s a HUGE goal for me: finish all the Harry Potter movies! O.O
- We’re going to both try and finish the stories that we’re working on before we start our next semester.
- SLEEP. No, seriously. Get back into some healthy habits: getting 7 hours or so of sleep, being more active, etc.
- There’s a day trip planned with a couple of our really close friends to go to a science activity center and an art museum! 😀
- Survive the holidays 😉 as per usual. ❤
- Making a gingerbread house from scratch! We just want to be able to say we’ve done it. Who knows, it might could be our Christmas post this year. 😉 (maybe O.O)
- Lastly, a star gazing party for us and some of our friends since ACG and I both will have had an astronomy class now. 😉 Although, mine was a bit more useful than hers. 😉
Whatever you decide to do this holiday season, just drive safely. ❤
Keep your trees bright and your wands raised! 😀 😉 😛 ❤ 🙂 O.o
Hey, y’all! HELLO! So, as you know (or may not, no judging) this past Thursday was Thanksgiving for Americans everywhere. 😉 YAY TOO MUCH FOOD AND WEIRDNESS!
As a result of that (both being Americans and having had this day to celebrate) we wanted to share ten things we’re thankful for. Soooo onward, we go…
- NEW EXPERIENCES (like a strange bean’s family)
- Family and friends (that eat your experimental thanksgiving pizza happily)
- STUFFING/DRESSING/SEASONED BREAD PRODUCT SOAKED IN FAT
- Time off school and work to contemplate the deeper things of life
- MORE NEW EXPERIENCES (like disc golf and bird watching)
- Realizing that some experiences are meant to be shared and some are best individually
- Naps #) because they make everyone’s mood better when done right
- Sister queens (platonic soulmates) to have ridiculous conversations, video chat seven minutes apart, and go on some crazy (donut) adventures with.
Keep your turkey in the ball pit and your seasoned bread in the churn! ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely! ❤
Hey, y’all! HI!
Although this is a previously referenced topic, I’m not sure if we have ever TRULY expressed the sincerity and relevance of it. Brownies. Must I say more? Like, really, that itself had to have just given you shivers (yikes… shall we keep this PG?). Unless you dislike chocolate or have never had a brownie.
Yesterday afternoon ACG and I made brownies at her home where I declared that I was pretty sure my brownie sexuality had been awakened. I mean, honestly. This is just the biggest appreciation post ever for brownies. That’s true.
Anyway, if you’ve never had a brownie, PLEASE do us–but mainly yourself–a favor and get brownie mix. You don’t even have to bake them (says us, we are not doctors or responsible for any food poisoning cases –eat safely 😉) and eat them with a spoon!!! Or bake them and eat the edge pieces. Your choice. JUST EAT BROWNIES! ❤
Oh, and drive safely. ❤
Keep your batter in the bowl and your pitcher in the cabinet 😉 O.O 🙂 😀 ❤ 😛
Hey, y’all! Heyyyy #)
We have had quite the wild ride this week–everything from doctor appointments to classical music to learning to embrace gym sweat and how to cope with Friday the 13th curses–but we wanted to share with you all the sweetest part. 😉
So, there’s a post here from the end of May about the “Great Teascape,” and in it, we mention that we baked cake balls together. Well, they didn’t actually turn out all that great for a multitude of reasons. Those reasons being: we were inexperienced, reckless, and didn’t freeze them for 20-30 minutes before trying to dip them in the melting chocolate. @) BUT since we have LEARNED. We have GROWN. We successfully made the most (well, okay, they still weren’t perfect but we liked them) BEAUTIFUL cake balls! 😀 Be quiet. They’re beautiful, perfect babies, and the colored white chocolate was probably the best part!
As you can see, they aren’t perfectly smooth and decorated like Starbucks’ or anything, but I am very proud of us. Me too! They are so, so delicious and were so, so much fun to make! 🙂
Keep your chocolate melted and your icing purple! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😀 😉 O.O
Drive safely by bearing in mind your sugar high before getting behind the wheel. ❤
Hey, y’all! Hello! (First thing first, I’d like to congratulate you for making it a full week into the new year. Amen. I hope it’s going well for you. Now…)
At the beginning of winter, we made a list of things that we planned to accomplish before winter (or at least our winter semester break) ended. We have the list, and were going to analyze which ones we did or didn’t complete. (Spoiler alert: things got done.)
Below is our original list of things we intended to do. To the right of each item, in all caps we will inform you of which things were done.
- Decorate a tiny Christmas tree that may or may not be alive. (DONE – and if you haven’t seen it, check out our December 24, 2016 post 😉 )
- Bake all the things! (seasonal and unseasonal) (DONE, though we don’t quite have cookies out our ears, we discovered cookie butter AKA MAGIC IN A JAR)
- Meet up with old friends, and eat lunch, and get all the coffees!!! (DONE – we even did this three times over #) )
- Make a million and two words. (Okay, not quite literally, but either or both of us writing large chunks on our current writing projects over our winter break is definitely a goal!) (DONE, I wish it wasn’t too much work to add up the actual amount because it was a lot (a grand total of: 51,265 to be specific))
- Ice skating with my younger brother who will probably make us look like baby giraffes because he is naturally that balanced and coordinated sometimes. (DONE – this was a TON of fun, even if ACG had to be a responsible driver and not break her ankle and I may or may not have accidentally danced circles with said little brother. (Good news: no injuries occurred.))
- See the anthropomorphic movie Sing at some point between now and January 8. Yesssss!!! (sorry to cut into her point but YES (It’s actually ACG’s idea, but I’m on board… We saw Moana this past Thursday, so it’s her turn) (DONE, The movie was actually more sad than it looked in previews, but it was great along with Moana)
- Wear flip flops as many days of December as possible, because why not? (DONE – Ha! ACG did wear flip flops. Granted, this is the first weekend it’s been below freezing here, I think @) Sighs @ Alabama. )
- Wear sweaters as many days of southern December as possible, because why don’t we have normal seasons? (DONE, Even I wore a sweater at least two times, so I consider this a huge success)
- Spend as many days as possible with your Best Friend before the c-word rears itself again. (DONE – even if it was not as much time as I wish we could have, the time we got to spend together was amazing and I feel so, so lucky. Same, it was wonderful.)
If you were keeping track, there should be one teeny tiny detail that is standing out to you. WE DID ALL THE THINGS! We did, and I am a little proud of that fact.
There you have it. Until next time, keep your lists on the inside of the bucket and your chicken fingers in the cage. 😉 😀 🙂 😛 O.o ❤ 😉 😀
It’s bitter out there (and also cold! ha…haha) so don’t forget to drive safely during the potential icy season and be kind! ❤
Hey, y’all! ‘Ello!
So, we graduated about a year ago. That makes most of the classmates approximately nineteen. That being said, week before last we attended a double wedding shower tea for two of them (which is ridiculous! they are children! and they shouldn’t be allowed to be getting married! BUT, hopefully it will work out well, despite my opinion on their age).The interaction was a little stilted (she’s under exaggerating), but my favorite part had to be making the cake balls I took. ;D
The only super enjoyable part of this event was getting to shop and bake together honestly (true). Hats were involved (ew). Food was awkward (and random + there was too much of it). Conversation was more awkward (definitely). Life was the most awkward (agreed). Which is to say, while we care about these girls and wish them the best, and a dear friend hosted the event… It was not A Good Time.
No, it really wasn’t. But we went, we ate, we talked, and we were two of three that gave cards (is that weird? I thought you did that with presents?). Then, we left. I have never been so grateful to get in ACG’s truck. I have never been so grateful to have a pending errand to help my dad with that got us a reason to leave.
So, next time you find yourself in this sort of situation, we bid you a safe drive away from it. 😉 ❤
Keep your puns in the cabinet and your scones in the kettle. 😉 😀 ❤ 🙂 O.o
Hello! Hey, y’all!
So, if you didn’t know, we like to bake. Our baking is sort of a tradition. Today, AJA discovered a thing we want to bake soon. They were brownie and cinnamon pot stickers. WITH CREAM CHEESE ICING!!! Ahem. They look very yummy, and this is all thanks to Tastemade on Snapchat. I am mega hype, if you can’t tell. They look delicious, and we will hopefully be trying to do that very soon.
Well, maybe not very very soon. The home stretch of this semester is coming up, and most baking gets done in the summer. However, once they do get made, we’re pretty sure they are going to taste AMAZING! We can certainly hope, and maybe if they’re aesthetic enough we can even share them on this blog ;).
So, keep your pots in the trunk and your keys in the fridge! ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
And as always drive safely. ❤
Hey, y’all!!! Hi. So, the all famous question about cookie dough is the topic of the night: Pillsbury or Toll House brand? As if that’s a question… We both agree it’s Pillsbury.
We do! We also have about three tried and true ways to eat said Pillsbury cookie dough (whether it’s in the tube or the precut squares).
- A cookie dough milkshake is the absolute best. I am not talking about a vanilla milkshake with cookie dough chunks, but blended cookie dough with a vanilla base. It is amazing.
- Take a glob of cookie dough. Put it in the microwave for around 45 seconds (or until gooey). We’ve used it as a dip before with chips for the salty sweet combination, but by itself is also perfectly fine for the melted method.
- This list would not be complete without the classic: straight cookie dough in a spoon. Of course we love this option.
Drive safely, which is done most easily while drinking a cookie dough milkshake. ❤
Keep your dough in the shower and your loofas in the dryer! 🙂 ;P 😀 😉 O.o ❤ 🙂
Hey, y’all! Hi! *waves furiously* (Yes, it’s one of those nights.) So, last week we were wordsmiths. Tonight, though, we want to share with you a more “action based” set of ideas. Ideas that might chill you or that you might just find very chill ;). That was a bad pun (doesn’t mean I didn’t laugh). We are going to share with your our list of top December/winter-bucket-list-ideas, so they should be very chill.
- Decorate a tiny Christmas tree that may or may not be alive.
- Bake all the things! 😀 (seasonal and unseasonal 😉 )
- Meet up with old friends, and eat lunch, and get all the coffees!!!
- Make a million and two words. (Okay, not quite literally, but either or both of us writing large chunks on our current writing projects over our winter break is definitely a goal!)
- Ice skating with my younger brother who will probably make us look like baby giraffes because he is naturally that balanced and coordinated sometimes.
- See the anthropomorphic movie Sing at some point between now and January 8. Yesssss!!! (sorry to cut into her point but YES (It’s actually ACG’s idea, but I’m on board… We saw Moana this past Thursday, so it’s her turn 😉)
- Wear flip flops as many days of December as possible, because why not?
- Wear sweaters as many days of southern December as possible, because why don’t we have normal seasons?
- Spend as many days as possible with your Best Friend before the c-word rears itself again.
That last goal is my absolute favorite. 😉 But to reach that goal, she has to drive safely as you all should. ❤ (This one was a stretch. My apologies…)
Keep your goals sober and your eyes wild. ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
Hey, y’all! It feels like it’s been longer than a week since last Saturday, but it has also flown. Time is trippy. Let’s blame climate change. Agreed. Always blame climate change.
Although our weather has lately been up in the area, some things always stay the same, like the wonderfulness of an Oreo cookie. Oooooh, Oreos. Yes, please.
I have one downside to them. What if I just wanted some crazy flavor? Like, what if I wanted to experiment with something like raspberry caramel? We need an OreoMaker that mixes flavors for us to try! While they have just about every flavor out there in some form or another, I’ve never heard of raspberry caramel, so I agree.
That being said, here are our top five ideas for OreoMaker flavor ideas:
- Sweet Potato Oreos could be quite interesting. Sure, they already make pumpkin spice as a fall flavor, but where is the love for sweet potatoes?
- Bread Pudding Oreos would be epic if done correctly. It’s already such an interesting dessert; I feel like putting it into the Oreo family would be a very nice addition.
- Now, take time to consider something could be delicious or could be horrendous: Nacho Cheese Oreos. The salty and rich flavor of cheese layered between the sweet of the chocolate could be such a…unique combination.
- What about maple flavored filling? I think it’d have to be on a golden cookie maybe, but maple is so good that I think it could definitely be doable. Not only doable, I think it would taste really really good.
- To end on a less traditionally sweet flavor, what about a Spicy Oreo? An Oreo with a weird kick. I have no idea how this would taste or work, but chocolate and hot spices do get paired together in other creations–why not here?
So there they are, the Annas top five Oreo ideas. I would be excited to try every single one listed, even if I’m vaguely wary of nacho cheese. It could be so good!
Keep your cream in the hat and your plastic in the freezer!
Drive safely ❤