Hello, Internet beans! Hey, y’all!
So, as we know, AJA is in nursing school. This Friday, she had validations, which is where the instructors sign off on her demonstrating her skills (okay, yeah, but it’s more like being afraid someone is going to yell you’re responsible for the death of ten people by not correctly checking their pulse or dressing their wounds or ARGGHH! then the professors kindly being like “um, you need to work on this…” or “try doing this instead” and everything feels relatively manageable again. Ahem, anyway…)
This week, her validation was about vital signs (blood pressure, pulses, things like that), but the more entertaining one to help her practice for was her wound care section. Why was it more entertaining, you may wonder? (She didn’t actually injure me, thankfully.) ACG volunteered to be my victim!!! Of…Crayola markers. I gave her some wounds, C gave me grief, and she gave us both a lot of help in practicing! It was fun when it wasn’t extremely stressful. I had a ton of fun, and while it felt like practice it didn’t feel at all like a chore. And, of course it wasn’t as stressful for me because I didn’t have to remember the steps. All I had to do was sit there and pretend I’d been offered (and given ;P) pain meds for various injuries. I’m glad to be able to help AJA (and C, I guess) practice. She already does a great job, and I’m excited to see her grow into her confidence and potential. Thanks, queen bean. ❤
Keep your blood in and your elbows out! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely, dudes, so that C and I don’t have to use our practice and bandage you! O.O ❤
Hey, y’all! Before we do anything else, we need to apologize for completely vanishing last week. There was gonna be an apology post, but um even that plan failed for Reasons. We’ll explain why in just a little bit.
Tonight, we wanted to kinda update y’all on what we’ve been up to. We don’t seem to have gotten any less busy than we were in summer, but it’s a completely different type of busy. It’s for real the craziest thing ever and we are all constantly exhausted either mentally, emotionally, physically, or all of the above. Literally…our entire friend group.
- As we talked about in the past few weeks, school started. This means that AJA has started nursing school, which is crazy and kind of intense, and the classes I’m taking are either core to my major or minor this semester (minus a really cool science class). As C put it earlier sometime in the last two weeks, it’s obvious we’re all at “junior level” basically, which means all work (that feels like play sometimes) but still ALL WORK.
- I, AJA, also had a birthday, which isn’t a HUGE deal (suuuure), except that I am now not only pretending to be an adult but am legally an adult in all ways. That being said, I shall now pretend to still be a child. She is definitely not a child, but I don’t think there’s a way to stop her from pretending to not be 😉
- Tonight marked a very important day in America, particularly the southeast where we live. It was college football’s opening day, and there was yelling at my house. A lot of yelling, great friends, and some pretty good food. It was A Time that I better get used to or C might breakup with me. @) Seriously, it was fun and I might have even been a little excited about it, even if I only understood what was going on like 25% of the time.
So, now that we’ve condensed this to a very short list….well, it feels like it might not be so much, but believe us when we say school this semester (and probably the following ones) is gonna kick our butts (I mean, it’s only taking up like 90% of our waking hours), so if we miss a post: assume we are either not dead but studying or died while studying, although we promise to try not to miss another one for a long while. That was completely accidental, but if we do, we more than likely didn’t die and more than likely are…studying or ACG is writing a paper. That’s true. I do have to write a lot of papers.
Anyway, good luck with school to those of you in school. Keep your noses in your books and your shoes in the air. 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o ❤
Drive safely, guys, preferably not while studying, but I feel you if you try to. ❤ 🙂
Hey, y’all! Hi! So, earlier today we were with a group of women, and part of what we did was an ice breaker where we shared “A few of our favorite things” with the group. One thing we realized was that we didn’t know each other (or ourselves in some cases) as well as we should have.
Since we didn’t know these things about each other, we wanted to share them with y’all as a fun fact type thing.
- Favorite color
- Yellow, the best color in the world. Except, it’s so un-emo…
- Red of all shades, but particularly bright fiery reds.
- Favorite salty snack
- Anything w/ Cheese
- Barbecue chips
- Favorite music group
- Twenty-One Pilots
- The original recording cast of Hamilton, the Broadway musical. I know they aren’t a musical group in the traditional sense, but come on…Hamilton.
- Favorite sweet snack
- Cookie dough, just the dough…sugar cookie particularly
- Favorite scent
- C, no fudging on the blog… I’ll be real. He’s the best.
- Metal (I’m weird. Most said vanilla or coffee. That just wasn’t me.)
- Favorite place to eat out
- Lawler’s, which is a semi-local barbecue restaurant that has the best potatoes.
- Favorite place to vacation
- The East Coast (like Charleston, SC or Rhode Island)
- Mountains (To be fair, I should have said Rhode Island, because that’s my real favorite, but I didn’t think about it in time. Besides, AJA had included it in her answer, so I thought she had it covered ;).)
This was a cool ice breaker type thing, and I look forward to being more involved with these women. It also was just really cool to actually think about all these things about ourselves. (Also, shout out to C: he literally got all but two right immediately and they were both food related and he knows I like home cooked stuff best, so). If only I had a boyfriend to make guess… 😥 (No, just kidding, I’m not shocked at all that C got them right, and it’s great that he did.)
Drive safely, y’all, and contemplate the important things in life while doing so, like, you know, your favorite salty snack. ❤
Keep your secrets close and your snacks closer. ;P 🙂 😀 😉 O.o ❤
Hey, y’all! Guess what? We’re both back this week! Life finally calmed down a little and we were able to both be on at the same time. We’re also sacrificing sleep out of dedication to each other and this blog, so 😉
Just because we’re back doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy, though. This past week was full of time with our friends. So, we wanted to share some of our favorite memories/moments of the week.
- We convinced C’s (AJA’s boyfriend) little sister to watch a horror movie with us one night this week, and after it was over we got into a throw pillow war. Well, actually my brother and C’s little sister beat each other to death with a pillow, and the rest of us occasionally tossed it at each other.
- Recently our friend group has taken to playing basketball together. In fact, this is what we did on Monday after I’d spent the day with C playing with his little cousins. We also cooked supper and hung out.
- Tuesday wasn’t as glamorous as the other days this week. We met up at McDonald’s to take advantage of the new kiosk ordering feature (best invention ever, by the way) then we watched a movie at my house that was a lot worse than anyone remembered. Even though it was a more low key day, it was still fun and full of laughs.
- Wednesday was an interesting day. We didn’t really see the friend group until we were together for church. But after that, we went to our resident coffee place and played Apples to Apples, which as always is amazing. 🙂
- Thursday, I got to pick AJA up from her summer class (which is almost over, thankfully for her sake) and we changed our plans to end up hanging out in her bedroom and reading the first story we wrote together out loud, making commentary the whole way. The entire day was old school throwback, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- On Friday, ACG was my ABSOLUTE HERO. She actually has been all weekend, including tonight. She helped me make a five minute Walmart trip for my mom, then we went and ate with our friend K. We also had a whole friend group get together following our usual Friday Bible study. We made pasta and zucchini pizzas and played games.
- We didn’t really see each other until this afternoon due to me needing to be with my family to celebrate my brother’s birthday, but once we were, we headed out to the river and played volleyball and hung out on the dock. After we finished playing and eating, we had a singing with the others from our church. All of this led to an epic ice war that AJA and C started (and all of the kids our age somehow managed to become collateral damage in @)).
This week has been wonderful. I’m grateful for every moment, and I look forward to what is to come this next week. Absolutely! Summer is dwindling, but the friendships we’re strengthening will remain forever. I’m using every moment of these times to help carry me through the hectic chaos that will be semester starting.
Keep your ice in hand and your pizzas on zucchinis! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o @) #)
Drive safely, my dudes! ❤
First, I want to say thank you to AJA for the note on Thursday. I am so incredibly grateful to have her in my life as well. It’s truly a blessing to have a friend you can rely on and trust to be there through everything by your side.
That being said, we’ve been running in two different directions again since we were with computers tonight, so it’s just me here. We wanted to let you know what was up (and I really wanted to say thank you to my squish).
Keep your heads held high and your fingers on the keyboard! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hey, y’all! Good evening, friends! Which…is intriguing…to call you friends, seeing as yesterday was National Best Friends’ Day. We were lucky that we got to see all of our friend group at various points throughout the day, but I’m also extremely grateful that AJA and I got to hang out together some on this day, too. It was a fantastic day, and having ACG in my life is such a blessing and so is having the rest of our “super group.”
It’s a blessing for everyone to have AJA in their lives. I’m so glad that we get to have this blog together, but also to get to use it to tell everyone how great of a friend you are. 😉 One of my favorite things about AJA, y’all, is her passion. When she decides she loves something (or someone) or wants to do something, hold on or get out of the way. She gives everything she has to do what she’s dedicated to. Lucky for all of us that’s usually in a good direction. ;P ❤
Aww, thanks, friend. I have to tell you that my favorite thing about ACG is her boldness. She’s honest and creative and who she is. Sure, like all people she has insecure moments but most of the time she is confident in her thoughts and ideas and will tell you like it is. And that’s such an admirable and helpful quality.
Friendship is such a gift, and I would not be the person I am without ACG or our other friends. We are so blessed. So, make sure you acknowledge this and tell the people in your life they matter to you.
It most certainly is. I can’t imagine my life without her or them. So on that note, keep your friends close and your best friends closer! ❤ 😉 😀 🙂 😛 O.o
And always drive safely as though your bestie was in the car! 😉 ❤
Hey, y’all! We’re back! Hello, ladies and…nah, this post is just for the ladies tonight. 😉 That’s true. We just came from a girls’ night, so back off, boys. It was a blast, and while we there we couldn’t help but notice a few reasons that “Girls’ Nights” are so, so needed. So, let’s go G.N.O. and list a few of those. 😉 ❤
- Books–whether talking about ones you’ve read, wandering book stores, or trading between each other
- Shopping, which even though we aren’t the girliest girls, is still pretty fun and typical for a girls’ night. Also, because we aren’t the girliest girls, any time we are alone with other girls and can get their opinions casual browsing might turn into a fashion overhaul.
- Tea–Who doesn’t love tea in any form? Enough said.
- Trying “new” food. Or, at least, food that 75% of the group hadn’t had before, like Panera Bread. Oh. Everyone in America has tried that? Whoops… Not me and ACG’s and my two other friends.
- Freedom–I’ve heard jokes before about girls travelling in packs, and it’s true. There’s something fun and freeing about grabbing your favorite girls and just going out. No pressure, no one to impress, and the only limits to your antics are your own dynamics and imagination.
Drive safely with the T. Swizzle turned ALL the way up. ❤
Keep your girls close and your hands in the air! ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😀 😉
Hey, guys! It’s AJA. ACG and I have been spending the day with our families and are now working on presents for our mothers. We hope you and your families. in whatever shape or design, have a wonderful day tomorrow. And, if you have lost a mother in whatever way, know that our hearts are with you and that there always people willing to show you love and nurturing that deserve to be celebrated or perhaps you yourself nurture and show love to those around you and deserve celebration. ❤
Anyway, keep your hearts grateful and drive safely. (Okay, I’m not as random ACG but I tried.)
PS – Happy Mother’s Day! We “believe most people are good and most momma’s oughta qualify for sainthood” even though we aren’t Catholic and there are many kinds of mothers. ❤
Hello! I am here, AJA in text, to remind you all that I have, in fact, NOT died. ACG is sitting beside me and for once in the past month we can be on together and with me not feeling dead in one way or another. So this is a VERY exciting night (like getting to carry two things across the entirety of Walmart without falling level exciting). Hey, y’all! It’s great to have AJA back, and now we get to have the conversations I know everyone has missed so much. To kick that off tonight how about a list post of a FEW things that have been going on lately? 😉
But first, we have a lot of people we’re about to talk about as a part of our lives. Before we talk about what we’ve been up to, let’s identify some people:
-Previously, we have referred to our “other friend.” We said this because she is our best friend and we didn’t really talk about anyone else. But now that is changing, so we wanted to let you know that we will be calling her “K.”
-Second, we have AJA’s boyfriend. He’s only kind of recently (few months now– excuse, it’s basically 6 months as of next Thursday @)) popped up. We shall call him “C.” (And he shall be my C, and ‘I will love him and squeeze him and hold him forever’ to quote Dory.)
- Game nights galore! With the addition of people to our friend group, we have been able to play more card based games like Nertz (my favorite), poker, LIFE, and Monopoly (in Deal or Board forms).
- Lots of late coffee runs and the continuing of games being played but also while donuts are being ingested.
- I know I mentioned birthdays last week, and I didn’t even have all of the information then. My birthday happened, then 2 days later C (more to come about him later) had his birthday. Then K had her birthday, and after that there was a shared birthday between yet another friend and then AJA’s grandfather had his birthday, too! That’s 5 birthdays within a week and 2 days of each other.
- Cooking. Lots and lots of experiments and makeshift meals. We’re college students and a couple of teenagers in our friend group. We are hungry and either plan out elaborate courses of meals or have to scramble at the last minute and be grateful for unnoticed chicken from earlier in the week. (The more elaborate meals are usually C’s idea. For instance, a brunch meal of amazing cheesy hash browns and fried eggs and ACG’s FAMOUS waffles 😉 )
- Normally movies aren’t our thing. We’d rather be hanging out or not tied to a single seat for the entire length of one. However, we have seen a few movies in the past few weeks, both in theatre and at home. Over Spring Break, we practically watched the entire Harry Potter series. We went to see A Quiet Place in theater, which was an AMAZING movie. There were a few others thrown in there, but basically we spent a lot of our time watching movies and just relaxing together.
- Also, on top of all the unproductive fun we’ve tried to fit in some physical activity too, and that’s been…challenging at times and really fun at others. I have a bit of a leg up on ACG because my boyfriend will randomly want to go play disc golf while she’s still in class, and I end up with a crazy step average and dying muscles. But there have been times when both ACG and I have gotten to be physical lately, especially this last week and I think in the summer it’ll be even better.:)
- Speaking of this boyfriend that keeps stealing AJA away, a couple weeks ago K and I got to give C our tokens. To explain, a few years back, I designed this token system for the three of us to follow. Each of us got our token and we had one for each of the other two. When we approved of the guy, the token got given to show that. K and I had been putting it off for a while because this was the first token-giving and, well, we weren’t sure how to do it. But C is really great, and we’re glad that AJA has him, so we finally figured out a way to do it and make it official. (Read as: we wrote a letter and tossed it at him before we started playing Monopoly one day, but it was a sweet moment.)
- While we are so, so tremendously grateful for all the fun that’s been keeping us from posting we’ve also had more than a few incidences of exhaustion/unwellness keeping us–well, more specifically me–tied up. The past month has been amazing but it’s been the roughest for me healthwise since the fall. With that being said, hopefully I am on an upward trend, will be able to take advantage of the summer to get lots of rest and try altering my lifestyle a bit to aid my health, and we can start posting regularly again. 🙂 ❤
This has been one hectic, wonderful, crazy, intense, amazing month. In every moment, I think we’ve both felt loved or learned something. So, that’s…what we’ve been up to. I has definitely been an intense, action filled month. I can’t improve on what she’s said so I’m just going to agree.
Keep your friends close and your llamas in the mason jar! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Drive safely, friends! ❤
Hey, y’all! So, we still haven’t had kids yet (except in LIFE) therefore it’s just me again. Tonight, though, I’m here to tell you that part of the reason we’re so crazy right now is that April is The Birthday Month. Mine is this month, and there are 3 others just in our friend group (the super close one that’s like 6 people big) with birthdays this month.
This is just the overview; we may explain more and elaborate later, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s crazy, we’re busy and not great at this (meaning life and posting, witnessed by the fact this is Sunday).
For now, happy birthday; keep your candles away from the smoke detector and your presents out of the blender. 🙂 O.o 😉 😀 ;P ❤