Hey, y’all! Guess what? We’re both back this week! Life finally calmed down a little and we were able to both be on at the same time. We’re also sacrificing sleep out of dedication to each other and this blog, so 😉
Just because we’re back doesn’t mean we haven’t been busy, though. This past week was full of time with our friends. So, we wanted to share some of our favorite memories/moments of the week.
- We convinced C’s (AJA’s boyfriend) little sister to watch a horror movie with us one night this week, and after it was over we got into a throw pillow war. Well, actually my brother and C’s little sister beat each other to death with a pillow, and the rest of us occasionally tossed it at each other.
- Recently our friend group has taken to playing basketball together. In fact, this is what we did on Monday after I’d spent the day with C playing with his little cousins. We also cooked supper and hung out.
- Tuesday wasn’t as glamorous as the other days this week. We met up at McDonald’s to take advantage of the new kiosk ordering feature (best invention ever, by the way) then we watched a movie at my house that was a lot worse than anyone remembered. Even though it was a more low key day, it was still fun and full of laughs.
- Wednesday was an interesting day. We didn’t really see the friend group until we were together for church. But after that, we went to our resident coffee place and played Apples to Apples, which as always is amazing. 🙂
- Thursday, I got to pick AJA up from her summer class (which is almost over, thankfully for her sake) and we changed our plans to end up hanging out in her bedroom and reading the first story we wrote together out loud, making commentary the whole way. The entire day was old school throwback, but I wouldn’t trade it for anything.
- On Friday, ACG was my ABSOLUTE HERO. She actually has been all weekend, including tonight. She helped me make a five minute Walmart trip for my mom, then we went and ate with our friend K. We also had a whole friend group get together following our usual Friday Bible study. We made pasta and zucchini pizzas and played games.
- We didn’t really see each other until this afternoon due to me needing to be with my family to celebrate my brother’s birthday, but once we were, we headed out to the river and played volleyball and hung out on the dock. After we finished playing and eating, we had a singing with the others from our church. All of this led to an epic ice war that AJA and C started (and all of the kids our age somehow managed to become collateral damage in @)).
This week has been wonderful. I’m grateful for every moment, and I look forward to what is to come this next week. Absolutely! Summer is dwindling, but the friendships we’re strengthening will remain forever. I’m using every moment of these times to help carry me through the hectic chaos that will be semester starting.
Keep your ice in hand and your pizzas on zucchinis! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o @) #)
Drive safely, my dudes! ❤
First, I want to say thank you to AJA for the note on Thursday. I am so incredibly grateful to have her in my life as well. It’s truly a blessing to have a friend you can rely on and trust to be there through everything by your side.
That being said, we’ve been running in two different directions again since we were with computers tonight, so it’s just me here. We wanted to let you know what was up (and I really wanted to say thank you to my squish).
Keep your heads held high and your fingers on the keyboard! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
It’s been a while since ACG or I have made a gushy post in the middle of a week, but I figured it’s about time.
ACG is still the best BFF, sister, and queen anyone could ask for. I do not know what I would do without our friendship.
We are a team and I’m so grateful for that. She is always encouraging and supportive. I know we have our fights and I know I sometimes fail to remember how amazing she is, but really and truly she is a selfless friend with a good heart and a beautiful soul.
I’m so blessed to call her my sister in every way but DNA.
Thank you, Squish! I love you so much. You’re the best sister queen bean ever. 💕👸🏻👸🏻💕
Hey y’all! It’s ACG here, and we have had a messed up week, so we kind of forgot what day of the week it was. That being said, we hope to be back on time next week, and to have something great to talk about!
Keep your calendars close and your keyboards closer! ❤ 🙂 ;P 😉 😀 O.o
Hello, friends, Romans, and countrymen, strolling by! 🙂 Hey, y’all!!!
Tonight is the last night of June, which is the sixth month of the year, which means we have somehow survived half of 2018, although I’m not really sure how anyone has survived any year since 2016. True point. AHEM. Point being. In 6 months, you can learn a LOT, grow a lot, change a lot, and so we thought we might share with you all a few things we’ve learned so far this year.
- I learned this before this year, technically, but moreso in the past six months, I have learned that things like exercising and being active do not have to be as awful as I originally thought they were always going to be (meaning that we have started doing things like playing disc golf, finding ways to make the “normal” exercises more fun, and generally getting a system for making it a positive thing).
- Balance is key. You cannot constantly deplete yourself and expect to be able to encourage and care for others. I know this is a basic idea, but for a very long time I would think I could support my friends and family while tearing myself apart, which in turn tore them apart and also didn’t allow me to be there for them in full capacity.
- Put yourself out there. Do things you aren’t comfortable with. Obviously, don’t do dumb or dangerous things, but do things that might not be what you want to do. Listen when your friends encourage you to be more social (go talk to the guy mmmmhmmm you might even get his IG @)). Let someone know that you care about them. Ask them if they’re okay, even when that seems like a bad question and the answer is going to be no.
- You have to remember that your actions and words affect other people and that you need to choose actions and words that are at least not harmful if not beneficial to others. I still struggle with this, but I’m learning.
- Branching out isn’t going to kill anyone. It’s really going to be okay when someone you love finds someone else they want to be around. They’re not going to go away or love you less. Things will change, but they will settle down. A friend group is a group for a reason. If you have one, take advantage of it and cultivate all of the relationships. Don’t focus on what feels like it’s shrinking or fading away, but realize it’s room for growth on all parts.
- Apples To Apples is pretty sick. B) You get to know people better than you expected to.Seriously, though. Find people you can be yourself around, that make you laugh, and that are your family because at the end of the day the people you choose and who choose you back? Those are your forever people.
So, to summarize the first 6 months of 2018: we’ve had some rather personal growth and I think we’re both very grateful. Absolutely grateful, both for the experiences and to those around us making us better than the day before. I look forward to seeing where we are in the next 6 months. ❤
Drive safely and remember you’ve made it six more months and that’s something to be excited about.
Keep your calendar in last month and your goals with the stars. ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😉 😀
Hey, y’all! It’s just ACG again this week. Last weekend was an introduction to a long week of Bible study where we attend church, so we have been so so busy this week and are grateful for the time and opportunity, but tired from being so busy since last Friday.
Hopefully things will settle down and we will be back together next week!
Keep your shoes short and your movies creepy! ❤ 🙂 😛 😉 😀 O.o
Hey, y’all! It’s ACG here tonight. Last year about this time, and possibly the year before (my memory doesn’t go that far back) we have posted about the fact that we were at a weekend long Bible study at the church where we attend. We started on Friday night at 7 and heard 9 lessons and a singing after. It was amazing, but we are exhausted and scrambling to get stuff together for Fathers’ Day (which we may post about late, but not tonight, so enjoy your Dads or dad-like figures please <3).
Keep your friends close and your pens closer. 😉 😛 🙂 O.o 😀 ❤
Hey, y’all! Good evening, friends! Which…is intriguing…to call you friends, seeing as yesterday was National Best Friends’ Day. We were lucky that we got to see all of our friend group at various points throughout the day, but I’m also extremely grateful that AJA and I got to hang out together some on this day, too. It was a fantastic day, and having ACG in my life is such a blessing and so is having the rest of our “super group.”
It’s a blessing for everyone to have AJA in their lives. I’m so glad that we get to have this blog together, but also to get to use it to tell everyone how great of a friend you are. 😉 One of my favorite things about AJA, y’all, is her passion. When she decides she loves something (or someone) or wants to do something, hold on or get out of the way. She gives everything she has to do what she’s dedicated to. Lucky for all of us that’s usually in a good direction. ;P ❤
Aww, thanks, friend. I have to tell you that my favorite thing about ACG is her boldness. She’s honest and creative and who she is. Sure, like all people she has insecure moments but most of the time she is confident in her thoughts and ideas and will tell you like it is. And that’s such an admirable and helpful quality.
Friendship is such a gift, and I would not be the person I am without ACG or our other friends. We are so blessed. So, make sure you acknowledge this and tell the people in your life they matter to you.
It most certainly is. I can’t imagine my life without her or them. So on that note, keep your friends close and your best friends closer! ❤ 😉 😀 🙂 😛 O.o
And always drive safely as though your bestie was in the car! 😉 ❤
Hey, y’all! We’re back! Hello, ladies and…nah, this post is just for the ladies tonight. 😉 That’s true. We just came from a girls’ night, so back off, boys. It was a blast, and while we there we couldn’t help but notice a few reasons that “Girls’ Nights” are so, so needed. So, let’s go G.N.O. and list a few of those. 😉 ❤
- Books–whether talking about ones you’ve read, wandering book stores, or trading between each other
- Shopping, which even though we aren’t the girliest girls, is still pretty fun and typical for a girls’ night. Also, because we aren’t the girliest girls, any time we are alone with other girls and can get their opinions casual browsing might turn into a fashion overhaul.
- Tea–Who doesn’t love tea in any form? Enough said.
- Trying “new” food. Or, at least, food that 75% of the group hadn’t had before, like Panera Bread. Oh. Everyone in America has tried that? Whoops… Not me and ACG’s and my two other friends.
- Freedom–I’ve heard jokes before about girls travelling in packs, and it’s true. There’s something fun and freeing about grabbing your favorite girls and just going out. No pressure, no one to impress, and the only limits to your antics are your own dynamics and imagination.
Drive safely with the T. Swizzle turned ALL the way up. ❤
Keep your girls close and your hands in the air! ❤ 🙂 ;P O.o 😀 😉
Hey, y’all! It’s ACG again. AJA isn’t with us tonight, because she’s feeling pretty rotten. Hopefully she isn’t sick, so she can fully enjoy the upcoming holiday, and that’s why she’s sleeping instead of posting tonight, so she can stay as well as possible.
Until next time keep your hot dogs cold and your ice cream in the blender! 🙂 ;P O.o 😉 😀 ❤